About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Additional Requirements: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for supervising and coordinating job functions of headend technicians. Supervises the daily operations of the headend department. Coordinates activities between departments to ensure continuous business operation. Customarily and regularly directs the work of at least two or more other full-time employees or their equivalent.
- Establishes performance goals and monitors progress through coaching, mentoring and career development.
- Communicates and manages Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures system and staff is able to respond to the demands of new technology deployment through demonstrative methods.
- Works with other departments as necessary to maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of new technology being deployed.
- Supports, trains, and motivates employees.
- Ensures that all headend compliance requirements including FCC technical standards are correct and up to date.
- Assists in troubleshooting and repairing assigned systems in conjunction with subordinates and vendors to ensure timely and effective remedies.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Works within manufacturer's rated weight capacity for all equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-8 years related experience
-Previous Project Management skills/experience preferred to ensure projects are tracked and will meet deadlines and timeframes.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer