About the Job
This position is within the Governance and M&A practice group of the Agilent legal department based in Santa Clara, CA. This group provides legal counsel regarding, among other things, corporate and securities matters including '34 Act and other securities laws compliance, corporate governance and Board of Director support, strategic transactions (including M&A, divestitures, joint ventures and equity investments), stock plan administration, and executive compensation.
The person who fills this position will assume significant responsibility for and advise business personnel and senior management on:
* Securities law and SEC reporting and compliance matters, including earnings press releases, periodic reports, proxy statements and annual reports, disclosure advice, and investor relations, corporate finance, treasury and communications support;
* Corporate governance matters including support of the Board of Directors and its Committees, corporate governance policies and procedures, stock listing compliance and matters of interest to the company's shareholders;
* Merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions, including confidentiality agreements, due diligence, negotiation and drafting of term sheets and definitive agreements, antitrust issues, closing mechanics and integration support;
* Executive compensation and broad-based equity compensation matters, including equity compensation plans, cash incentive plans, the long-term performance program, compensation and governance policies;
* General corporate matters including subsidiary maintenance and inter-company transactions; and