Quality Assurance Engineer
About the Job
Business Unit: Job Summary: Core Responsibilities: Job Specification: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for validating software solutions in various testing
environments. Analyzes requirements and design specifications to ensure
product verification. Collaborates with other Engineers to identify,
reproduce, document defects, bugs, or problems using the project's issue
tracking tool. Maintains technical quality assurance and control
systems and activities. Utilizes clearly defined standards, methods,
and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision,
accuracy, and reliability of company products. Assists product support
areas in gathering and analyzing data.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Writes and executes tests to validate products and software
- Collaborates with Product and Development teams to identify product
and technical requirements.
- Reviews and verifies requirements and design specifications for
validity in overall product design, with an emphasis towards product
testability and verification.
- Assists in identifying viable test strategies in order to support
testing product functionality.
- Works with other Quality Assurance Engineers or Software Engineers to
identify, reproduce and document bugs or defects.
- Supports trials of new infrastructure designs/services.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer