Director, Employee Engagement
About the Job
Business Unit: Benefits for new hires start on Day 1. & Job Summary: & Employees at all levels are expect to: & Primary Responsibilities: & Core Responsibilities: & Job Specification: & Additional Requirements: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for Employee Relations and Employee Engagement programs, policies, and procedures across a multi-state geography. Demonstrates expertise in conducting investigations; exercises good judgment in resolving issues and maintains a positive relationships with leadership and colleagues. Provides counsel and guidance to leadership on Human Resources team regarding escalated employee issues. Responsible for assisting with labor training and preventative labor activities. Ensures legal compliance, enhanced employee satisfaction, and engagement in human capital initiatives. Provides leadership and direction for team which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility for developing and managing budget.
–& Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
– Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
– Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
– Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.-Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
– Drive results and growth.
– Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
– Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
–& Provides leadership for West Division engagement and ensures thorough and effective communication and training.
– Stays abreast of external trends and activities related to the enhancement of morale and employee commitment, and provides leadership in designing and executing activities that enhance this.
– Partners with HR and business leaders to develop proactive and positive employee and labor relations strategies and initiatives that drive business objectives.
– Leads assessment of labor vulnerability and makes recommendations on potential actions.
– & Conduct and coordinate annual core labor training.
– Develop Employee Engagement Strategy for& West Division.
– Lead key employee engagement initiatives to include employee surveys, recognition, Great Place to Work events and employee onboarding.
– Conduct monthly employee engagement strategy meetings and quarterly organizational health reviews.
– Ensures Human Resources policies are reviewed and amended, as needed, based on changes to legislation and/or internal processes and practices.
– Provides oversight and direction to Managers in the investigation of any internal complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment, and other employee/manager matters.
– Participates in the development and implementation of Employee Relations policies, procedures, programs, and other Company initiatives.
– Determines methods to provide informational opportunities for supervisors and employees about work expectations, handling of informal complaints, and handling of formal grievances.
– Ensures positive and respectful work environment through positive reinforcement, modeling desired behavior, providing adequate work tools, and administering policies fairly and consistently.
– Oversees investigations and management of compliance matters related to FMLA, ADA, FLSA, Title VII and other employment regulations.
– Conducts difficult employee counseling sessions regarding EEO charges, ADA, performance, and terminations.
– Conducts employee focus group sessions, employees’ surveys, and interviews to obtain employee feedback. Identifies employee concerns and monitors overall employee satisfaction. Partners with leadership and employees to develop and implement action plans.
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
– Arts & Humanities
– Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI)
– Generally requires 10+ years related experience
– Experience supporting business objectives around labor relations and employee strategies and initiatives.
– Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and business management skills.
– Ability to manage enterprise wide projects that impact the employee experience.
– Labor Relations experience preferred.
– Ability to travel as needed.
Benefits for new hires start on Day 1.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer