Sr Scientist - Product Management Office
About the Job
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
At the RAI companies you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
This position is with RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company—the second-largest U.S. tobacco company. The company's brands include Newport, Camel and Pall Mall.
The Sr. Scientist is responsible for managing business process management projects from process definition through automation in our Business Process Management Suite (Appian). The individual will participate in the ongoing operation of the Business Process Management team and related BPM Governance Framework. This individual will be responsible for coordinating process documentation, requirements gathering, testing, and training in conjunction with the process owners and the Appian developers. The individual must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish collaborative relationships. He/she must be capable of grasping technical information and business processes quickly. They must also be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously with extreme attention to detail.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the documentation of current processes including identifying/formalizing process owners, defining/formalizing process roles, and verifying role definitions/process documentation from process owners.
- Provide support of process communications by preparing presentations and leading process discussions.
- Ensure documentation remains current and accurate.
- Assist in the automation of processes using the process automation tool, Appian.
- Sponsor and promote process improvement and documentation, including identifying and addressing post-rollout challenges.
- Facilitate the sharing of “best practices” methods across the organization.
- Communicate regularly with the business and process owners.
- Engage and assist in managing Appian development contractors
Position Qualification: Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in project management, specifically in an IT role
- Strong RAI business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute multiple projects
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with the ability to interface directly with clients
- Ability to contribute to the preparation and presentation of oral and written process improvement communications to management teams
- Ability to work across functional teams to understand and assist with the documentation of processes from the client’s view
- Effective training/coaching skills
- Strong organizational skills with the commitment to meeting project deadlines and expectations while ensuring overall quality of outputs and delivery
- Ability to work seamlessly in a team environment and independently in area of expertise
- Skilled in attention to detail, analyzing information, problem solving, teamwork and general client-facing skills
- Ability to respond effectively to new information, situations and individuals
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills of dependability, reliability, and credibility
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly.