2019 Summer Undergraduate Internship - Supply Chain
About the Job
Reynolds American (RAI) is a family of companies working to transform the tobacco industry. Our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco.
We take pride in the growth of our people. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with the visionary, principled and passionate people every day that makes ours an award-winning culture.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As a Supply Chain intern, you will assist our Operations Team in providing resource and inventory management leadership to the Reynolds American group of companies by completing a project assignment.
You will exercise initiative, creative problem solving skills, teamwork and leadership as you interact with other personnel throughout the organization. In addition, you will have fun while adding value and engaging in meaningful career development opportunities. At the conclusion of your internship you will provide senior management, project stakeholders and work teams with recommendations and findings based on your work throughout the summer. Areas of focus for project assignments include but are not limited to:
- Supply Chain Analysis, Process and Systems Improvement
- Supply Chain Planning and Inventory and Product Flow
- Measurement, Reporting, and Issues Resolution
TO SUCEED AS A SUPPLY CHAIN INTERN IN 2019 YOU SHOULD BE:
- A student who is pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations or Logistics Management who has completed at least two years of core coursework;.
- Available to work a full-time schedule during our 10-week internship program beginning Jule 3, 2019;
- Someone with a strong functional knowledge of computers and information systems
- Proficient with MS Office desktop and familiar with ERP systems
*Preference for candidates with SAP experience
- A strategic, analytical and creative thinker who can to make sound and timely decisions in a fast paced environment
AND SOMEONE WHO:
- Has superior organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- Is self-motivated, energetic, flexible, and adaptable to change;
- Possesses a high sense of urgency and a strong work ethic;
- Is willing to relocate to Winston-Salem, NC for the summer.
BY THE END OF THE INTERNSHIP YOU WILL HAVE:
- Spent time with c-suite leadership during a series of leadership roundtable events;
- Gained insight into what it’s like to work here, global development opportunities and career pathways;
- Worked directly with experienced Supply Chain and Manufacturing professionals.
AS AN INTERN DURING THE SUMMER OF 2019 YOU WILL ENJOY:
- A competitive salary;
- Paid housing;
- Leadership training opportunities;
- Company provided laptop;
- Fun! Lots of chances to get to know your fellow interns socially;
- Volunteer service opportunities;
- Connecting with senior leaders during roundtable networking events;
- Participation in Reynolds American’s award winning 401(k) retirement savings plan -we contribute 3% regardless of whether you participate, and on top of that we match your contribution at 100% up to 6% of your salary;
- Confidential personal financial counseling service at no cost to you.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.