Director Reporting & Analytics
About the Job
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
In this role, you’ll be part of a strategic multi-million dollar investment in data and analytics sponsored at the highest level of our organization .You’ll lead a team that collaborates with stakeholders and other data and analytical leaders to define data and analytic needs to improve decision making and drive effective business outcomes through the enablement of business intelligence capabilities. . This role will be lead both strategic and tactical execution for data democratization and self-service, effectively providing direct access of data to the decision-maker and analyst community. This is a key leadership role for The Standard’s business intelligence team which is uniquely positioned to rapidly develop, maintain, and support critical business solutions. This key capability enabling team employs IT-shared environments to deliver customer value and improved decision-making through business intelligence capabilities aligned with business priorities. You’ll provide consultation to stakeholders and lead cross functional teams to address business needs.
- You’ll lead a team of business intelligence analysts to ensure information needs of business stakeholders are met. You’ll establish performance objectives and provide ongoing feedback and coaching ensuring a great working environment and high team morale. You’ll attract and built future talent capabilities as needed.
- You’ll be a strategic partner with internal stakeholders to understand their business challenges and data needs and advising them on decision support solutions. You’ll proactively identify opportunities for data and visualization tools as needed to help the business strategy.
- You’ll foster an environment of continuous improvement to the existing reporting infrastructure using better tools and methodologies
- You’ll collaborate with your peers in business intelligence and data analysis both within the department and across the organization to further the Business Intelligence department strategy.
- You’ll leverage internal technologies and also develop subject matter expertise with current and emerging data reporting/visualization trends and will advise senior leadership on utilization of decision support solutions.
- You’ll ensure your team develops strong business acumen with an understanding of the business objectives, processes and supporting data, applications, and strategic direction.
- You’ll provide direction on work quality and team assignments and problem resolution.
- You’ll partner with IT and process owners to provide awareness of and education on the value of strategic decision support solutions.
- You’ll serve as a liaison between the business and IT teams; and partner with IT to build The Standard’s core business intelligence capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area such as data science, actuarial science, mathematics, statistics and eight years’ experience in a decision support analytic function, Or if Master’s degree, six years’ experience in a decision support analytic function
- Three or more years of direct and/or indirect people leadership experience.
- Ability to influence a variety of stakeholders to drive cultural and organizational change.
- Ten years of experience in a decision support analytic function, including applying innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the business operations and scientific/quantitative analytics and extensive experience influencing large scale/significant business decisions.
- Six years of leadership or management experience including managing teams, large scale projects and people (coaching, performance management and employee development).
- Working knowledge of multiple solutions development methodologies, including Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall.
- Six years quantitative analysis experience, including advanced knowledge of scientific methodologies and or quantitative techniques; as well as decision science industry best practices.
- Expertise with data and analytics tools and technologies such as SQL, Microsoft Power BI, SAS, R and Python.
- Strong experience within the insurance industry, operational processes, and data: including claims, underwriting and sales.
- Experience working within the employee benefits vertical (long-term disability, short-term disability, dental, vision, voluntary products, etc.)
- Sitting at a desk using a computer the majority of the day
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.