Manager, Technical Operations
About the Job
Business Unit: Military Experience Welcome! Job Summary: Employees at all levels are expect to: - Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job Job Specification: Additional Requirements: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Benefits for New Hires start Day 1.
Responsible for providing leadership, motivation, and direction to improve and continue providing outstanding customer service. Manages the daily activities of Installation & Service Supervisors and/or Installation & Service work groups. Reviews short-term perspective for professional content and against objectives, budgets, schedules and quality levels. Translates approved objectives into work plans and procedures. Enforces policies and recommends adjustments. Negotiates with senior management for resources and priorities that affect functions and to gain cooperation for resources that directly affect areas of accountability. Selects, motivates, and reviews performance of staff. Appraises job performance, implements discipline, sets work schedules, monitors performance, maintains morale, builds teamwork, resolves employee problems, meets goals, recommends employment status changes, and maintains all related personnel and administrative files Core Responsibilities:
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Provides leadership and direction to Service & Installation departments in order to ensure compliance with FCC, state and federal regulations while maintaining budgetary requirements.
- Administers policies, procedures, and tracking in order to facilitate continuous improvement focused on Comcast "Think Customer First Standards."
- Promotes safety awareness (and OSHA regulations) with Associates in order to provide a work environment free from injury.
- Anticipates and resolves customer and community concerns quickly through effective leadership in order to promote Comcast as a good community citizen.
- Assists in cultivating relationships with contractors and assigning work to contractors to ensure sufficient manpower while meeting contract labor budget.
- Responsible for maintaining department budgets, completing reports on a timely basis, and monitoring and controlling expenses.
- Assists in hiring, coaching, developing, and preparing performance evaluations, giving feedback of Associates to ensure a quality work team.
- Oversees the development and deployment of staff and approves performance reviews.
- Enhance and enrich Associates' technical knowledge and skill levels to ensure excellence with respect to service reliability and picture quality.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes information and trends to prepare reports.-Oversees complex or major installations of systems equipment.-Coordinates orders and deliveries with other vendors during the system implementation phase.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.- Functions as primary customer liaison between contract signing and cut-over of system.-Makes software configuration requirements and necessary modifications.
- Accountable for the success and budgeted profitability of specific projects.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Other Professional Certification
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience and records.
- Prior Comcast experience required
Military Experience Welcome!
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer