Sr Manager Fleet
About the Job
Reynolds American Incorporated (NYSE: RAI) is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
At the RAI companies you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
Sr. Manager Fleet Operations is responsible for improving fleet administration standards and policies for vehicle operation across all RAI operating companies and subsidiaries. This position is charged with optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of vehicle programs which reduce driver down-time and enable the drivers’ maximum focus on their role accountabilities. This role is also responsible for collaborating with the Fleet Management Company (FMC) and Environmental Health and Safety team on the creation and administration of driver safety education for all RAI employees operating vehicles. This position should have an intellectual curiosity and be constantly seeking out best fleet practices. This position is expected to remain current on changing trends, issues, and developments related to fleet management and fleet-related risk management curriculum / training programs.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coaches direct report for development, manages performance, and responds accordingly to build an effective high-performance culture.
- Vendor relationship owner for FMC and vehicle Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).
- Develop fleet administration standards and vehicle operating policies that target the highest level of driver safety and drive down total cost of ownership.
- Manage fleet operations and safe vehicle selection through OEM and leasing companies.
- Create and implement strategy for effective vehicle lifecycle management to include lease terms, maintenance plans, replacement, and disposal.
- Manage fleet content within Trade Marketing employee portal as owner role.
- Oversee and continuously optimize RAI telematics programs for efficient vehicle recovery, proactive mechanical diagnostics, and improvement of driver behavior.
- Provides key input for development of the fleet budget.
- Develop and communicate fleet and driver risk dashboards to Trade Marketing leadership.
- Manage the development of the Driver Safety Training program content with Environmental Health & Safety team and 3rd party vendors to assure compliance with ANSI 15.1.
- Apply expertise in accident reduction programs and present safety performance matrix at annual RAI insurance underwriter negotiations.
- Assess fleet-related risk management training and follow-up with training participants on a continual basis to ensure long-term program relevance and effectiveness.
- Ensure 100% compliance with government legislation.
- Seek continuous improvement and be willing to challenge the status quo.
Bachelor’s Degree Required or Equivalent Experience
Number of Direct/Indirect Reports:
Job Title This Position Reports to:
Sr. Director Trade Marketing Operations
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.