Sr Area Manager - Tobaccoville
About the Job
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At RAI, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
At the RAI companies you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
This position is with RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company—the second-largest U.S. tobacco company. The company's brands include Newport, Camel and Pall Mall.
The Sr. Area Manager is responsible for managing various processes within the manufacturing environment that support the Company’s vision and mission. This role includes responsibilities of managing production associates and/or Supervisors to meet production requirements, achieve cost and quality targets, and maintain a high level of employee engagement. The Sr. Area Manager must possess good communication skills, be able to translate the business plan into actionable goals, and exhibit leadership skills necessary to identify opportunities for improvement and lead change.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure compliance with product quality standards, regulatory, and ISO requirements
Ensure all Company policies and procedures are adhered to and that Company safety and housekeeping practices are followed.
Develop and maintain a high performance environment by communicating expectations, identifying training and/or development opportunities, evaluating performance against goals and communicating results.
Effectively lead and manage change and serve as the key communication resource for the area
Actively participate on various teams and/or focus groups relative to role and facilitate participation of production associates and/or Supervisors.
Engage with business partners in other areas of the organization to ensure decisions support the goals of the organization.
Manage and optimize production and/or maintenance processes to deliver desired results to support production, quality and cost requirements.
Participate in the budgetary process and monitor financial performance to achieve total operating cost targets.
Protect the Company’s capital investment in equipment and facilities by ensuring maintenance or repair activities are performed as required.
Identify, lead and support continuous process/productivity improvements to meet performance expectations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years of relevant work experience, or
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology, Business, or related field and 2 years relevant work experience, or
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to work as a value-added team member.
- Experience in project management.
- Ability to support goals within one's area of responsibility.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Good managerial skills with the ability to resolve conflict, provide coaching, give direction, and provide feedback to others.
- General understanding of manufacturing processes and/or maintenance programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Self-motivated, highly engaged, flexible, and receptive to change
- BS Engineering, Business, or related field and/or relevant work experience in a regulated Manufacturing environment
- Regular attendance at work
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly.