Production Scientist-(1st Shift)
About the Job
Advanced Analytical, a part of Agilent, and a manufacturer of innovative scientific instrumentation for the biotechnology and pharmaceutical markets, based in Ankeny, IA, is currently seeking a Production Scientist to join our growing team.
This full time position would focus on the preparation, initial testing, and packaging of our capillary electrophoresis (CE) system liquid reagents, and/or providing laboratory support to our QC and Development Groups. This position may require periods of frequent sitting or standing, and lifting of up to 50 lbs., as well as good dexterity with handling pipettes. Applicants must be physically able to perform these functions on a routine basis.
Primary responsibilities would include:
* Preparation of various liquid consumable products following Standard Operating Procedures, within a clean aseptic environment;
* Performing daily cleaning of work surfaces and equipment to maintain a clean aseptic environment;
* Performing various QA tests on consumable products to ensure quality standards are met;
* Performing packaging, labeling and lot tracking of consumable products;
* Providing support for shipping of AATI products;
* Providing assistance developing new processes to streamline consumable product manufacturing;
* Entry of production manufacturing information into online database;
* Participation in production planning;
* General laboratory support duties as needed.
SHIFT: Monday-Friday; 8AM-5pm.