Manager, IT Support
About the Job
Business Unit: Military Experience Welcomed! Day 1 Benefits for New Hires! & Job Summary: & Core Responsibilities: & Job Specification: & Additional Requirements: Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Responsible for leading a team which will integrate, deploy and maintain technology that supports business objectives. Assists with short and long range planning, including the development and implementation of technologies and processes. Oversees the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of all facets of IT Support. Trains, develops, and manages the staff to ensure consistent customer service and standardization goals are met. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Serves as subject matter expert and provides guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies, assist in development, and meeting of, departmental budget.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Establishes team goals and manages departmental performance.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements changes to group functions to maximize operational efficiencies.
- Evaluates and develops plans to deliver training on Information Technology Support.
- Manages and participates in the department budget process.
- Manages a team of IT Support who troubleshoots user difficulties relating to hardware, software, networking, and telephony system issues.
- Implements policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, diagnosed, resolved, and the steps taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Oversees the planning and execution of projects.
- Fosters and maintains a strong culture of customer service and responsiveness among all members of the IT Support staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
- Prior experience managing a field support organization necessary
- Previous management experience required – including managing at least 4 direct reports.
- Experience managing remote / virtual employees preferred.
- Experience leading cross departmental projects
- Experience managing capital budgets
- Experience managing expense budgets
Military Experience Welcomed!
Day 1 Benefits for New Hires!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer