About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
This leadership role involves integrating science and technology to methods and processes to support drug discovery programs by providing high throughput assays, mechanistic biochemistry approaches, and receptor pharmacology and enzyme kinetics studies. This leadership role will also include in partnership with stakeholders for the development and implementation of new methods and procedures that will be constantly updated to improve capacity, reduce costs, and improve the predictive value of the assay suites. Active scientific communication with Discovery Working Groups is a critical component of this role.
This candidates must demonstrate enriched experiences in in vitro pharmacology and strong ability to design appropriate mechanistic studies to support Discovery decision tree. Broad drug discovery experiences and leadership accountability are preferred. Ability to drive innovation and solve assay issues to enable discovery programs is essential.
This critical position encompasses leadership in Leads Discovery and Optimization at HPW, NJ. The candidate will be involved in managing a group of scientists with responsibility to support Discovery portfolio from hits to leads across TAs.
- The candidate will hold a Ph. D. in biological sciences or equivalent; have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry supported by an appropriate publication record. Strong background in Immunology is a plus.
- The successful candidate will be able to clearly demonstrate a consistent track record of impact on drug discovery programs through the judicious use of science and technology.
- Experiences in the application of modern automation and miniaturization technology are important assets for this position.
- Additionally, the candidate must be able to demonstrate superior assay design and screening skills for both biochemical and cell based assays especially in major target classes such as GPCR, enzymes etc.
- Extensive knowledge of biochemical pharmacology, cell biology, and high throughput assay design and execution are required.
- Understanding physiologically relevant models and translational approaches to drive target from concept to clinical setting will be a plus.
- An ability to create and maintain an effective scientific network through teamwork, across geographic boundaries, excellent problem solving skills and an open collaborative style are of critical importance for success in this role.
- Supervisory experience in a multidisciplinary environment is essential.