Associate Product Manager/Product Manager/Sr. Product Manager
About the Job
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
Responsible for developing new products and services, refining existing products and services, and providing support to the field and home office partners as SME for assigned product and service lines. Collaborates with and influences stakeholders, vendors and senior leaders to ensure strategic alignment. Often will need to perform as project manager when completing product and service development work of small to moderate scope. Responsible for market analysis and understanding The Standard's position in the market for assigned product and service lines.
25% Market Analysis and Product Development
- Monitors, evaluates and analyzes market factors to develop products and services which drive business growth and deliver a great customer experience.
- Uses multiple data sources and tools to formulate business cases and articulate need for change.
- Able to assist in analyzing the impact of product and service decisions across the organization.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of customers, competitors, competitor offerings and marketplace trends.
25% Sales and Marketing Support
- Ensures the sales force has product knowledge, training, and support to confidently sell new products. May involve traveling to field offices to ensure adequate training.
- Acts as content expert for communications related to products and services assigned.
- Works with marketing partners to develop campaigns, positioning and strategies for products and services.
- Represents The Standard at industry events as product and service subject matter expert for assigned lines.
25% Product Management
- Takes initiative to find and make recommendations to enhance efficiency and drive success of assigned product line.
- Manages activities related to the maintenance of assigned products and services.
- Acts as product subject matter expert for internal and external partners including Actuarial, Compliance, Legal, Underwriting, Claims and Operations.
25% Project Leadership
- Leads cross-departmental or cross-functional teams to align product and services objectives.
- Collaborates with other stakeholders to develop project plans and ensures product and service integrity.
- Ensures an effective flow of information through appropriate channels and promotes the exchange of knowledge among colleagues.
- Assists in analyzing the impact of conclusions and actions on people, technology, structure and workflow across teams.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.