Director, US HEOR Oncology
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
The Director, Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) Oncology, leads strategic efforts in HEOR within the US HEOR Oncology organization at Bristol-Myers Squibb. This role supports the oversight, planning and execution of high quality HEOR studies as part of the brand and medical plans in close partnership with internal stakeholders. This position requires a proven track record of generating evidence to support market access for pharmaceuticals and the ability to lead a dynamic organization. Finally, the role will focus on strategic HEOR needs in FDAMA 114, partnered outcomes research, and Real World Data.
- As a leader in the US HEOR organization, this individual will interface directly with Medical counterparts and Field HEOR leadership and staff to ensure close collaboration and bi-directional communication on strategy and tactics.
- Commercial contacts with Payer Marketing, Market Access and Brand teams are key stakeholders with whom a close and transparent relationship will prove critical.
- Additional responsibilities include\:
- Making recommendations on external collaborations, profile organizations, and researchers for appropriate expertise.
- Collaborating effectively with outside researchers and HEOR colleagues in managing projects.
- Assuming a leadership role for internal stakeholders to educate and inform Development and Medical colleagues regarding access issues, with the goal of ensuring that Medical Plans include HEOR studies as appropriate.
- Graduate degree required - PhD, PharmD, MS, MPH - with a minimum of 5 years in the biopharmaceutical industry and 5 years in the US Payer market segment. Prior experience in Oncology required.
- This individual will have 5+ years’ experience in designing and implementing HEOR projects in a matrixed environment; with demonstrated skills in influencing and leading through change.
- In depth knowledge of the US healthcare landscape and access issues from a Medical perspective is critical.
- Demonstrated ability to define customer needs, research questions and address specific issues identified by business owners.
- Knowledge of medical science, epidemiology, clinical trials, drug development, FDAMA 114, and outcomes research in oncology.
- Thorough understanding of research methods, health economics and related disciplines.
- Strong communication skills, including amongst cross-functional stakeholders, and a drive for results is required.