Senior Scientist, Advanced Analytics (Director)
Bristol-Myers Squibb Lawrence Township, NJ
About the Job
- Lead BMS advanced analytics projects through application of data mininig, NLP, machine learning and more to solve R&D research and business questions. Establish novel data resources and execute research with similarly motivated partners leveraging healthcare data to benefit patients. Facilitate the integration of advanced analytic methods across the CORDS team.
- Execute research studies across BMS asset portfolio and markets where advanced scientific support is needed. Develop BMS' understanding of the business impact and usage of advanced modeling techniques.
- Master data flows through multi-platform environment; contribute to data strategy around advanced research opportunities; build models to understand BMS research and access opportunities and develop actionable insights.
- Lead assessment and recommendation activities regarding new research methods and real world data offerings to advance the capability of the team to execute real world research. Monitor research literature r/t NIR methods and regularly communicate current trends and innovative methods / applications to HEOR business units through various presentation media.
- Engage key CORDS stakeholders in research and market access needs assessment in order to plan and organize the execution of value-focused research projects
- With guidance from Group Director, prioritize and assign research projects across customer teams
- Communicate project status and results effectively to all stakeholders
- Assess information environment and analytical tool set to ensure current needs are met and future needs are communicated for assessment by CORDS Leadership Team
- Complete other duties as assigned by Group Director, CORDS
- Identify and engage leading academic researchers in advanced methods development and facilitate knowledge transfer into the appropriate function groups and projects
- 5+ years diverse experience applying advanced analytics (data mining, NLP, machine learning) in complex data environment.
- Proven capabilities in stakeholder engagement and matrix team leadership.
- Proven strong writing and oral presentation skills.
- Exposure to real world healthcare data, pharmaceutical industry research activities, and clinical research data (biomarkers, -omics data) preferred.
- Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, econometrics, mathematics or related field; prefer terminal degree in field.
- Proficient in al teast two programming / scripting languages such as Python or JS. Experience with statistical computing using R and SAS.
- Specific experience using tools such as Hadoop, MapReduce, APIs and application with machine learning and data mining.
- Experience managing data-driven research from project inception to client communication.