Associate Director, Center for Observational Research & Data Sciences
About the Job
Description: The Associate Director, CORDS is an individual contributor responsible for performing non-interventional research projects in support of key customer groups including Worldwide HEOR, PV&E, regional and local HEOR teams, WW Medical and others. Project work includes support of protocol development, identification of appropriate data sources, execution of protocol-related programming, analysis and summary of data and collaboration with customer on presentation of results. In addition, this role will supply methodological expertise on non-interventional research methods to the CORDS team and the broader BMS outcomes research community, serve as a knowledge resource for the data development team, work with the Director, Research, to coordinate therapeutic area support and communication, and mentor Manager, Research staff.
- Conduct non-interventional research projects using retrospective data resources in support of CORDS customer needs
- Communicate project status and results effectively to all stakeholders
- Engage with customer teams on protocol development, statistical analysis, interpretation and presentation of results and strategic direction of messaging and research needs.
- Provide scientific leadership and guidance related to health and economic outcomes research using non-interventional methods
- With guidance from Group Director, assist staff with execution of research projects across customer teams
- Mentor staff in development of functional and behavioral skills related to job performance.
- Engage key CORDS customers in research and market access needs assessment in order to plan and execute value-focused research projects
- Assess information environment and analytical tool set to ensure current needs are met and future needs are communicated for assessment by CORDS Data Development team
- Complete other duties as assigned by Director, CORDS
- Masters in biostatistics, epidemiology or related quantitative research field; PhD preferred
- 5-7 years experience in pharmaceutical outcomes research, pharmaco-epidemiology, health services research or related field
- 4+ years experience using large retrospective data sets in the conduct of epidemiologic and economic research
- 4+ years experience with statistical programming using SAS
- Experience with protocol development and execution for health and economic outcomes research projects
- Proven strong writing and oral presentation skills
- 3+ years project leadership experience preferred
An ideal candidate will have some experience with the following tools and data analysis methods\:
- Software\: SAS, SQL, R, Java, Matlab, C++, Python
- Data analysis methods\: predictive modeling, decision tree analysis, clustering, data mining, data processing, genetic algorithms, machine learning, active machine learning (optimal experimental design), Bayesian optimization