Laboratory Automation IT Systems Engineer
About the Job
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we believe that together we can make the difference. We want to do this by building professional teams who can create and innovate medicines that benefit doctors and their patients.
Our large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts, is expanding and there are a number of exciting career opportunities to join Bristol-Myers Squibb, one of the world’s leading BioPharma companies.
We’ve created one of the world’s premier biologics facilities, among the first sites in the industry to have a fully automated, integrated manufacturing control system that enables the plant to run virtually paperless. It is a site that combines biologics development with clinical and commercial manufacturing on a single campus – a true biologics center of excellence for the company where teams are encouraged to closely collaborate. This expansion was designed to support the launch of new medicines by more closely aligning biologics development and manufacturing capabilities. All this goes towards helping create and innovate life-saving medicines that fight serious illnesses.
As a laboratory automation IT systems engineer you will be working to support the lab automation, QA and QC systems and applications that support BMS’ BioPharma manufacturing plant operations. This position requires business analysis, project management and system support and skills within a regulated lab automation environment. This role requires the ability to work with diverse, cross-functional teams in a highly matrix organization.
- Individual will primarily support Laboratory Systems for our Lab Automation, QA and QC systems. This will include supporting hardware and software for analytical laboratory systems from various vendors (THERMOFISHER, WATERS, PERKIN ELIMER, PROTEIN SIMPLE, LONZA, BRUKER, etc).
- Participate in business process mapping workshops with QC, QA and Manufacturing business areas.
- Manage small to medium size projects within a highly matrix organization.
- Perform annual quality reviews, user access and account administration.
- Individual will work with Desktop Services, Network Administration and Engineering, Citrix group, as well as vendors to support the computer and instrument environments.
- Adhere to change management standards which include incident management and change management with a quality organization.
- Minimum of BS degree in life sciences, engineering or computer field.
- Preferred 2-4 years of experience working in the BioPharma or similar industry with familiarity supporting stand-alone lab instruments. Demonstrated experience working in GxP environment supporting SDLC processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of the software life cycle.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to negotiate in a complex environment.
- Proven track record of IT Support in a fast-paced regulated environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience supporting lab instruments and LIMS, CDS, LES platform systems.
- The ability to plan and lead small and medium size projects and enhancements.
- The candidate needs to be flexible and able to multitask and prioritize requests.
- The candidate should have a basic understanding of databases and servers.
- Familiarity with Waters’ Empower 3 and/or Waters NuGenesis, Biovia Lab Execution System (SmartLab), LIMS (e.g., SampleManager) Trackwise and Document Management System is ideal.
Together, we make a difference. Bristol-Myers Squibb is one of the world’s BioPharma leaders, committed to delivering innovative medicines as well as nurturing a culture that’s a springboard for progress. Our success depends on building teams of bold, innovative and passionate employees who will help continue to drive us further forward. No matter the role, we are united by our mission and determined to win this fight. And that makes all the difference. If you want to join us, apply now at www.bms.com/careers.