Delivery Driver - Part Time
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours20
Scheduled Shift1st Shift
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a part time Delivery Driver position to support our client, Microsoft, in Redmond, WA. This position will be scheduled Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 20 hours per week, and compensation will start at $15.75 per hour.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive attitude who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 20 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Exclusive discounts entertainment, health & wellness, travel, and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
A successful Warehouse Driver will be a hardworking, self-starter who is friendly and engaging with customers and co-workers to provide freight delivery and e-waste collection services at our clients site. To be successful you will have to demonstrate a willingness to accept and drive innovation and process improvements. You will take direction from on-site lead and should feel comfortable working alone or in a team environment.
A Delivery Driver's daily tasks will involve:
- Deliver freight to a mutually accepted location on scheduled date and time.
- Collect proper signatures for deliveries to customers utilizing on site tracking software
- PC Recycle
- Assist recycle team with collections as needed
- Maintain a clean working environment by helping sort recycle
- Drive a company vehicle to perform pick-up/delivery service for customer on an as needed basis
- Must be able to pass DOT screenings and regulations including but not limited to; minimum age of 21 years old, DOT Road Test, Physical and Drug Test
- Vehicles range from a cargo van to a 24’ box truck
- Maintain all logs and reporting documentation.
- Adhere to business guidelines, company policies and safety regulations
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and company personnel
- Provide customer service to all customers via email, phone or face to face in a professional manner
- Must be able to work with manual and powered materials handling equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
- Minimum of 1 year customer service related experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have valid driver's license and clean DMV record; MVR check/DOT Screening
- Driving experience strongly preferred
- Shipping and or mail services experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Windows systems
- Ability to effectively work individually or within a team in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competency in performing multiple functional tasks
- Willingness to cross-train for other job functions
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Must be able to work Monday – Friday and be available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Must attain satisfactory completion of specialized training regarding transportation of hazardous materials
- Must meet and maintain the Novitex Motor Vehicle Requirements, to be audited annually
The job requires an individual to be able to do the following with or without accommodation:
- Lift up to 70 lbs. throughout the day, or the maximum required by state law
- Sit and/or stand for long periods of time in one place
- Ability to bend, reach, squat, push/pull a mail cart with up to 400 lbs. capacity
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS