About the Job
Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover,
develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Leads Discovery & Optimization Group leverages technology, innovation, and broad scientific knowledge to deliver comprehensive in vitro data packages to support all phases of drug discovery at BMS.
As a Research Investigator within the Lead Discovery and Optimization Group, this individual will drive the design, execution, and interpretation of biochemical and cellular ADMET profiling assays to accelerate drug discovery and early development at BMS. The ideal candidate will have strong ADME background with excellent analytical and critical-thinking skills and will have hands-on experience with assay design for high throughput screening, as well as a demonstrated ability to rapidly deliver high-quality data in a fast-paced production environment. This is a laboratory-based position with no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Responsible for executing ADMET suites of production assays
• Oversee assay performance, data analysis and publication of suite data; develop and implement remediation/revalidation plans and trouble-shooting; maintain critical reagent supply and budget for assigned assay suites
• Interface with therapeutic area and MAP Project Leaders to develop strategies for addressing ADME needs
• Develop/validate/implement new biochemical and cellular assays to support the needs of discovery
• Conduct custom studies, as needed, to address specific DWG needs or regulatory questions
• Develop and implement quality control strategies/processes to maintain high data quality
• Develop lean processes to improve efficiency and lower costs
• Keep on top of literature and enable implementation of cutting-edge new concepts in ADMET field using novel model systems
- PhD in pharmacology, cell-biology or related scientific discipline with ADME experience
- 3-5 years experience in biochemical and cell-based assay development and execution, with a strong background in assay design, quality control and high-throughput processes
- Direct experience in the design and execution of high-throughput in vitro ADME studies
- Hands-on experience with laboratory automation and troubleshooting is highly desirable
- Experience with Rapidfire SPE-MS/MS or LC-MS/MS is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated strength in a matrix organization
- Track record of successful multitasking and rapid execution