Senior Application Developer
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a diversified specialty biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
The Bristol-Myers Squibb North America Capability Center is a state-of-the-art facility in Tampa, Florida, providing strategic capabilities for delivering end-to-end process excellence and innovation. The center provides high knowledge-based capabilities and services across multiple disciplines and is part of our ongoing efforts in continuous process improvement. At the North America Capability Center we continue to explore ways to simplify processes and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations.
- Develops software applications solutions, of intermediate, to complex complexity, for all or part of an assigned project.
- Develops, codes, tests, debugs, and documents applications systems to achieve the objectives of the client group relative to identified system needs.
- These systems may be new, replacement of existing systems, or significant modifications of existing software modules.
- Implements activities that impact mid-level components of the functional area.
- Participate in the review of requirements, design, code and supporting documentation.
- Design, develop and test software as part of new product and maintenance development.
- Help investigate issues and support production systems.
- Mentor less experienced staff as necessary.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Well versed with modern software development methods and best practices.
- Ability to initiate and participate in design/architecture creation and review.
- Owning the product cycle from cradle to grave and continuous improvement.
- Familiarity with OO concepts.
- Ability to work well with a variety of people.
- Some experience using source control, like Git, Subversion or TFS.
- Understanding MVC.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, and follow coding standards.
- Demonstrated experience with REST, creating RESTful services.
- Ensure that each system developed follows the standard systems development policies.
- Knows fundamental business concepts, practices and procedures.
- Learns to apply basic skills to the day-to-day operations of the company.
- OO programming, OOD, Supporting of applications.
- Effectively resolves semi-complex problems and roadblocks as they occur and basic problems before they occur.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Communicate with users to understand their concerns and their business processes.
- Can work independently on requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and handle deadlines with attention to detail.
- Diagnose root cause of defects/issues and implement software solutions.
- Capable of solving complex software solutions.
- Full understanding of object-oriented design principles with a proficiency in Java, C#, or another object-oriented programming language.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Web application concepts.
- Understanding of project management and software development lifecycle methodologies.