Senior Manager, Platform Product Management
About the Job
At Ingram Micro Cloud our vision is to launch the next generation cloud platform and ecosystem empowering worldwide cloud service providers to amplify their success in the digital and cloud economy.
- Do you crave the creativity and freedom of a startup and the stability of a large company?
- Are you looking for the autonomy to make decisions and take risks and know your leaders will provide you with support when experiencing a temporary setback?
- Do you want to take your career to the next level and create the world’s leading Federated Marketplace platform that will revolutionize cloud selling ecosystems worldwide?
As the Senior Manager, Global Federated Marketplace you will be responsible for driving and leading the Federated Marketplace technical vision and go-to-market strategy globally. You will own and drive the Federated Marketplace product planning, development engineering, go-to-market strategies, sales and service. The Senior Manager, Global Federated Marketplace will be a catalyst for change to ensure that IMC has the optimal application engineering, go-to-market focus, selling and professional services strategies, services, and organizational capabilities to make the Federated Marketplace a success. The Senior Manager, Global Federated Marketplace is responsible for attaining the solutions’ business goals, strategies, and imperatives. This person must be a world-class business leader with a strong software engineering background. The position requires a strong passion for running product management and orchestrating sales teams and must have worked with internet technologies of scale globally.
The Federated Marketplace accelerates time to market and revenue for IMC partners by simplifying deployment services and expanding their portfolio of Cloud Services. Enabling IMC partners to deploy new services seamlessly to their customers, the Federated Marketplace is designed to leverage Ingram Micro’s global scale, empowering global cloud service providers to accelerate their success in the digital and cloud economy.
- Own and define the solutions vision and roadmap, strategy, market requirements, requirements definition, competitive analysis and then execute on the “productization” life-cycle of the Federated Marketplace.
- Orchestrate Federated Marketplace development requirements across multiple regions, channels and platforms assuming full responsibility for results, including market and competitive analysis, business goals and objectives, solutions requirements and roadmap.
- You will own and be accountable for the performance of global pricing and business model analysis, sales forecasting, channel analysis, financial modeling, sales growth strategy, KPI measurement and analysis, internal and external evangelism, and customer retention.
- Experienced in leading, effectively defining and managing complex solutions portfolios and platforms that are highly scalable.
- Business strategist that has deep technological expertise who can synthesize customer needs and competitive insights into a solutions plan, and creating buy-in for the solutions roadmap vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Manage the governance of the Federated Marketplace solutions roadmap; proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet commercial goals. Prioritize well, communicate clearly and exhibit judgment to make trade-offs.
- Evolve the Federated Marketplace services holistically in response to use. Then manage change to services addressing the needs dependent on cloud services.
- Work very closely with engineering to define, document, and prioritize the requirements and make clear decisions to provide engineering with direction and ensure the delivery of the roadmap and business results
- Conduct multi-year solutions planning to determine life-cycle decisions, ensure consistency with overall marketing and corporate strategy, and achieve performance, revenue, market share/penetration, and profitability objectives
- Perform detailed market analysis and solutions requirements collection
- Identify, monitor and analyze internal performance metrics (e.g. revenue, profitability, customer base, ROI, marketing costs) and external metrics (e.g., market perception, market share, competition) to re-position, modify, and identify new ways to sell, market, and grow the solutions portfolio
- Understands competitor’s positioning and strategies and develops competitive strategy, solutions strategy and positioning to ensure success in all market segments
- Work with the sales and marketing team to execute on go-to-market plans, including pricing and sales training to ensure the success of the solution by direct customer interaction, market research, competitive analysis, and close partnership with the regional sales teams.
- Track the revenues and profitability of the solutions and make changes to the roadmap to maintain market leadership and maximize the return on investment.
- Accountable for revenue attainment and profitability
- Act as the foremost expert within the solutions management discipline and an acknowledged authority within the organization and industry
- Help generate global content for outbound marketing material - i.e. copy for data sheets, sales presentations, brochures, whitepapers, etc.
- Perform competitive analysis at both the technical and business level. Identify areas for providing unique value and competitive differentiation
Additional responsibilities by area include the following:
- Quickly grasps the key business drivers in an industry or organization and across geographic boundaries
- Adaptable with strong analytic orientation; possesses an advantageous view of where the market is headed from a product perspective
Strategic Thinking and Perspective
- Ability to create an innovative vision for the organization by understanding strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Identifies trends and opportunities to enhance business performance; able to align engineering strategy to multiple business priorities and plans across various business units
- A strategic thinker who is well respected for his or her business and technical knowledge and the ability to see the “big picture”
Executing for Results
- Credibility earned through strong track record of delivery and results
- Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, and taking the initiative to resolve problems
- Capable of executing short-term (tactical) and long-term (strategic) plans
- Defines and translates a vision into actionable plans
- Develops loyalty and commitment in others by articulating an appealing vision for the future, communicating high expectations, developing and mentoring direct reports, and setting an example in one’s behavior
- Manage a team of 6 Product Manager located around globe.
Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Ability to influence and achieve alignment across a range of different opinions and interests; experienced at building consensus within federated, political environments with a specific goal of evangelizing an enterprise-wide strategy across various business units
- Strong communication, listening, and negotiation skills; able to convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent experience, MBA highly desirable
- MA/MS and BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum 15 years of work experience, with extensive prior experience in Cloud technologies
- Broad, overall systems and software knowledge required, with significant technical depth in: SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, DaaS models, cloud-based applications, modern virtualized infrastructures.
- Industry vertical solutions experience a plus
- Strong communication skills required
- Strong technical program management and coordination experience required.
- Experience in generating a broad range of technical collateral such as whitepapers, best practices guides, demonstration videos, presentations, and training materials.
- Good technical knowledge and ability to work closely with software engineers strongly preferred
Must have high intellectual bandwidth applicable to an extremely complex and dynamic market. Must be able to think creatively to develop new ideas and solutions that are “out of the box”. Must have an innate curiosity.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with strong attention to detail. Penchant for making data-driven decisions, building financial or quantitative models, use structured frameworks, and break down a problem into logical components. Ability to synthesize a coherent analysis and recommendation from multiple data sources that may be incomplete or ambiguous
- Effective, persuasive communicator; ability to present a compelling business case to multiple internal and external constituencies.
- Relentless drive for results-oriented success; must have strong drive to win and achieve incredible results, and in fact, always strive to significantly exceed expectations and goals; hold high standards for quality of work and detail. Very strong focus on achieving business results instead of just completing tasks and responsibilities. Will do everything possible to succeed within the constraints of maintaining professional integrity
- Driven team leader; Must have the passion to lead, and optimize teams, upping the team’s “game” and see initiatives through, from start to finish. Strong team player.
- Managerial and operational excellence; someone who can design, build, optimize and execute the process and systems required to deliver a highly tuned and scalable solutions management function. Strong understanding of the processes and best practices required to successfully execute the solutions management function in a large company with the ability to drastically simplify and streamline the process within a smaller team whenever possible. Strong project management and organizational skills. Strong individual performance capabilities to perform hands-on execution of the strategy and plan. Impeccable follow-up and expectations management.
- Entrepreneurial; flexible and resourceful, with a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality; not afraid to take calculated risks, make measured mistakes and course-correct. Ability to successfully deal with ambiguity and embrace challenges. Self-starter, self-managing, very action-oriented, very results-oriented. Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment and business landscape
- Polished presence and strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated self-confidence, gravitas and a certain level of intensity to effectively represent the solutions internally and externally with customers, and partners
- Passion and positive attitude; must have a strong, optimistic passion for the team’s vision in some personal way. Exhibit a very positive, optimistic, “can do” attitude. Have strong pride and enthusiasm in the solutions management role within the team. Show excitement and passion in one’s work. Must believe that we can make a huge difference in the company and the world.