Trade Compliance Specialist - ECCN and HTS
About the Job
Ingram Micro - where the “Promise of Technology” is more than a brand promise. It’s our way of life. Our success is driven by our exceptional people and through our strong values. Without them, we would just be another technology solutions provider.
- Responsible to assist with developing, refining and implementing best practice processes and work instructions around product classification, licensing, record keeping and auditing/report to ensure the implementation and effectiveness of internal controls to meet the current and changing U.S. export control laws and regulations.
- Review and release transactions on hold throughout the day.
- Determine HTS and ECCN for a wide range of products across multiple industries with a high amount of electronics products.
- Identify, prepare and apply for export licenses and CCATS.
- Create, maintain, train and audit compliance procedures especially when there are regulatory changes.
- Act as subject matter expert for the company and answer questions and resolve issues.
- Continually challenge processes and drive process improvements.
This position is heavily weighted on ECCN and HTS classification for controlled items and items with encryption technology. Classification is generally 65% or more of each day.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or coursework/training in export administration.
- 4 years of functional experience including at least 2 years of position specific experience.
- 3-5 years in an ITC organization.
- Strong knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations, OFAC Sanction Regulations and controls.
- Strong ECCN and HTS classification skills including experience with encryption technology and electronics overall.
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office Suite.
- Strong Knowledge of GTS or other trade automation systems.
- Must have a business-oriented, pragmatic approach to challenges that arise in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity and professionalism, including dealing with complex and sensitive matters.
- Flexible, positive and hardworking team player and motivator with strong people skills.
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills; ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes conflicting requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in taking on additional challenging duties as time permits and business growth requires.
- Ability to develop and implement Macros and run reports in Magellan preferred.