Associate Director, Market Portfolio Publication/Content Operations and Executive Lead Medical Capabilities, Markets
About the Job
About Bristol-Myers Squibb\:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Associate Director, Market Portfolio Publication / Content Operations and Execution Lead is responsible for ensuring that the Medical Capabilities, Markets (US, France, Germany, Japan, EMAC, and Intercon) teams drive against short-term and long-term business objectives. The position serves as the point of contact for Market Leads delivering operational leadership and execution excellence enabling successful delivery of publication and content priorities and team objectives.
• Works in partnership with WW Publication and Content Leads and PPOE Leads to optimize strategic outsourcing partnerships including evaluating Agency performance (KPIs) and leading RFP initiatives for successful on-boarding and integration of new Agency partners
• Serves as the principle (above asset) Market Medical Capabilities interface with Agency partners, holding them to the highest standards for productivity and ensuring optimal Agency support as publication and content needs evolve. Serves as the Market Publication Lead’s first point of escalation on Agency-related performance issues
• Continuously assess Agency resource model for defined span of control. Anticipates and proactively partners with WW and Market Publications and Content Leads and Agency Leadership to implement adjustments ensuring readiness to meet current and future business needs. Escalates risks appropriately to WW and Market Publications and Content Leads and Agency Leadership for action.
• Evaluates portfolio (above brand) level risks, identifying/reporting on barriers impacting timelines and deliverables, offering appropriate mitigation strategies
• Continuously assesses Medical Capabilities, Markets model to identify simplified process improvement opportunities and identify resource allocation pressures/constraints and future risks offering alternatives strategies. Quickly escalates barriers to successful execution
• Oversees annual Publication/Content Strategy Planning and Budget preparations ensuring clarity in timelines, deliverables and anticipating potential barriers to successful execution in collaboration with local Medical Coordinators/Specialists
• Develops pro-active, cross-market publications and content metrics with key stakeholders including WW Publications & Content, WWMT leaders/project management, development team, key market and other key cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. congress updates, key TA level/multi-asset level communications)
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders including procurement, medical capabilities (WW Pubs and Content teams, Standards and Technology, Field Medical, Medical Information) to drive innovation and ensure business needs are met
• Partners with other portfolio (above brand) level cross-functional Operations lead to ensure publication-related needs are proactively communicated & appropriately prioritized enabling execution of publication commitments
• Utilizes a variety of project management tools (Datavision) and financial systems (RPM/Ariba) to build and sustain high-performing publication teams
• Continually assesses financial health of publication budget by evaluating committed/projected spends, adjusting WBS allocation as needed ensuring ongoing transparency into spend with Market Leads
• Partners with Market Publication Leads to understand how the book of work will be delivered on budget. Maintains budget and projections in financial management systems (RPM) up to date serving as the point of contact between Medical Capabilities financial team, WWMT project management and Agencies. Accountable for ensuring projections and year-end financial discussions, reconciliations and service order close outs are completed within the required timelines
• BS in business or health-science related field with 5-7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or related healthcare industry or doctoral degree with commensurate experience
• Demonstrated competence in publication field including execution across all phases of drug development and commercialization, good publication practices and guidance (GPP3, ICMJE), Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct, and other global guidance related to post-marketing practices, scientific data communication, and transparency & conflict-of-interest environments
• Experience with change leadership and demonstrated success in leading across a cross-functional matrix team with excellent organizational, written & oral communication, facilitation, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Proven experience effectively managing timelines and identifying resource needs and constraints and implementing strategies to meet changing needs/ requirements
• Track record of success in leading complex projects. Demonstrated strong project management skills; Project management certification (PMP) a plus
• Experience managing 3rd party vendors and influencing without authority
• Certification as a Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) is desirable
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10-20% of time