Director - Pharmacodiagnostics
Bristol-Myers Squibb Princeton, NJ
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is actively conducting translational medicine research to further our understanding of cancer biology and to identify which patient populations may be more likely to derive benefit from Immuno-Oncology (I-O). Bristol-Myers Squibb has long believed the future of cancer research is dependent on investments in science and partnerships. Collaboration is integrated into our organizational framework across translational medicine and R&D.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Pharmacodiagnostics Director to join the Translational Medicine Organization, Biomarkers and Pharmacodiagnostics team, where our vision is for tumor biology to inform treatment selection for each patient at each stage of therapy. BMS is seeking a leader with exceptional scientific, strategic and occupational acumen to lead and develop companion and complementary diagnostics (CDx) biomarkers in support of the BMS portfolio.
The Director, Pharmacodiagnostics role is the subject matter expert responsible for the development and execution of the companion/complementary biomarker diagnostic strategy for BMS product development and brand teams. Working within the Translational Medicine matrix, the Pharmacodiagnostic Lead provides evaluation, strategy, development and delivery of diagnostic products that enhance value of the pharmaceutical product profile. BMS is seeking a Director of Pharmacodiagnostics to fulfill this critical role.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES\:
- Directs Pharmacodiagnostics on asset Development, Brand, and Translational Medicine teams for which companion, complementary, or other in vitro diagnostic development is within strategy.
- Responsible for developing the overall Pharmacodiagnostic strategy and
- Leads Pharmacodiagnostics matrix subteams to enhance the value of the assets through incorporation of diagnostic biomarkers into exploratory, clinical, regulatory, and Medical/Commercial strategies.
- Provides strategic direction to business development led search, evaluation and transactions for diagnostic partnering.
- Coordinates all executable activities between the Development/Brand team and external diagnostic partners. Responsible for delivery of diagnostic partner critical milestones, e.g. technical development and validation, clinical validation, and regulatory activities.
- Participates in commercial planning and medical strategy as related to the diagnostic product.
- Provides internal and external subject matter expertise for BMS pharmacodiagnostic and precision medicine activities\:
- Acquires and disseminates precision medicine knowledge for organizational learning and capability;
- Represents BMS PDx to external stakeholders including health authorities, medical customers and presentations at scientific meetings.
BASIC ESSENTIAL CRITERIA/QUALIFICATION\:
Advanced technical degree, e.g., PhD, MD, DVM, PharmD. Specific experience in the diagnostic and pharmaceutical industries, oncology biomarkers, diagnostic business development, and/or certification in laboratory medicine (e.g. ASCP) is a plus. Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in assay and IVD development including analytical validation, clinical development, manufacturing, US and global regulatory submission, and commercialization of diagnostics. Experience with or good working knowledge of a broad range of biomarker/in vitro diagnostic platforms. Demonstrated matrix leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a matrix team across multiple disciplines internal and external to the organization.