Senior Cost Accountant
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusExempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours40
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Senior Cost Account. This is a full-time position located in Windsor, CT.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including –Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
Senior Cost Accountant – Off-Site Services position will have the primary responsibility for sustaining and maintaining the Standard and Actual Cost Data in both the General Ledger and ERP System (EFI). The individual will prepare journal entries and oversee Labor, Material and Overhead transactions for the business. In addition, the individual will prepare journal entries for Excess Obsolete Inventory, Cost of Poor Quality and Inventory Cost that is lower than Market Price. The individual will work with the Operations Management team to develop forecasts, budgets and cycle count processes for all categories of Inventory. In addition, the Senior Cost Accountant will be responsible for reporting and analyzing cost and inventory data to ensure the inventory value is properly reflecting GAAP Standards. This individual will be a key member of the finance/accounting team for this fast growing business unit. This position will report to the Controller, Off-Site Services
A Senior Cost Accountant’s daily tasks will involve:
- Provide broad financial support to operational and financial leaders, including preparation of variance analysis for Sales to Gross Margin comparing Actuals to Prior Year, Forecast and Budget
- Work closely with Corporate Finance, Off-Site Accounting and Operations to understand Inventory and Inventory Reserves, Goods Received Not Invoiced, Receiving, AP, Payroll, Materials P&L and Balance Sheet activity to properly record and post Journal Entries per GAAP standards
- Prepare Inventory and Inventory Reserve Balance Sheet Reconciliations and troubleshoot unreconciled items each month
- Recommend and action Continuous Improvement activities to improve controls, processes and reduce closing days
- Have an in-depth knowledge of GAAP, External Audit Requirements, SOX compliance and G/L systems
- Coordinate and prepare audit requirements (Schedules, Worksheets, Analysis and Reconciliations) for external auditors
- Participate and action special requests for the implementation of the new ERP system for use in shop floor activities
- Ensure accurate, complete, concise understanding of all requests from Controller, Management and external auditors
- Develop Standards, Overhead Rates, Management Labor and Overhead Absorption Rates and Inventory Valuation based on Standard Changes, Over/Under Absorption activity
- Work collaboratively with other members of the department to propose and implement process improvement ideas to enable more accurate and faster reporting and analysis
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
- 6-9 years of experience in an Accounting role involving the preparation, follow-up and management of the monthly, quarterly and year-end closing requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related business discipline
- Advanced MS Excel skills and ability to assemble/manipulate large data sets efficiently
- Experience within manufacturing sector preferred
- Detail oriented, with a passion for rigorous, data-driven decision making
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with proven follow-through and adherence to deadlines
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision
- Ability to flourish in a dynamic, fast paced environment
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS