Communications Lead for Talent, Learning and Global Diversity & Inclusion
About the Job
As part of the newly formed Global Employee & Enterprise HR Communications group, this communications role will be the primary lead supporting communications of Talent, Learning and Global Diversity & Inclusion.
This key contributor to a new lean but impactful team will support and influence the strategy to passionately and expertly drive communications and change that engages internal and external BMS stakeholders, as applicable, in our\:
- Employee Value Proposition
- People Strategy and critical behavior changes
- Performance management
- BMS Behaviors and leadership capabilities
- Learning, Growth, Leadership and Development of our Talent
- Manager Capability
- People Experience and Engagement
- Diversity and Inclusion
This role will knowledgably and capably set the standard to define what the best do better to create an engaging people experience and by creating innovative ways to shape the communications experience and by leveraging and benchmarking against external and internal practices.
BMS HRLT, HR Business Partners, Head of Talent and Talent COE leads, Head of Total Rewards & People Services, Total Rewards and People Services COE leads, Global Employee & Enterprise HR Communications lead, Public Affairs, BMS employees and recruits.
In partnership and collaboration with COE leads, oversee and drive strategy, tactics, project management and delivery of communications in support of key initiatives for which the Talent COE is accountable.
- Define and articulate the communication and change strategy and project plan that supports each initiative and/or process (e.g. talent reviews)
- Contract with key stakeholders to ensure work is appropriately prioritized and resourced as needed, utilizing external partnership where applicable
- Facilitate translation of communications to meet language protocol and requirements, as dictated by each project.
- Influence and govern the content and graphic design of communications and ne branding campaigns, in alignment with HR branding, Public Affairs/Internal Communications standards and initiatives led within and outside of the Talent COE.
- Capture the measurable results that depict engagement with—and success of—communications that is owned by Talent and influences the people experience.
- Shape the narrative of the Talent group—at inception and shaping of communication strategy for initiatives and the ongoing engagement and resonance of the work and outcomes determined by stakeholders
- Experience with communicating the HR Topic described in the Position Summary to global audiences with varied cultural and language needs
- Change management insight and experience with achieving understanding and behavior change for a call to action
- Experience communicating in multiple channels and digital forms—e.g. web platforms, video technology, etc.
- Strong project management experience to stay on schedule under tight, frequently changing deadlines
- Experience with engagement measurement and analytics
- Graphic design sensibility and experience—either direct design background or successful experience directing branding and design
- Strong team player and collaborator with demonstrated skill in partnering and working with cross functional leads and stakeholders
- Creative and innovative thinker—able to challenge status quo to achieve better people/communication experience
Skills and Requirements
- 7 to 10 years of direct or related experience in employee communications, change management, and/or technology marketing or other related marketing positions
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communication, HR or relevant discipline
- Excellent writing skills—both technical and creative/promotional proficiency\: Highly refined skills of grammar and syntax; ability to adapt writing styles quickly and gracefully; good ear for language
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; ability to engage a wide variety of audiences; knowledge of organizational behavior principles.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate within a fast paced and changing environment
- Highly knowledgeable about stakeholder engagement, content creation, channel strategy, digital and social media best practices including how to optimize content across channels and audiences.
- Multi-lingual—written and verbal preferred, with experience managing translations
- Proven project management skills with ability to manage several projects simultaneously, extensive attention to detail
- Strong content governance, organizational, and data analytics skills
- Networking and relationship skills, including the ability to engage with and lead appropriate external third party resources to support work that cannot be sourced internally.
Expert experience with Microsoft products – Office—e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and Adobe Products