Mgr, Operations I
About the Job
Responsibilities: Plans, directs, organizes and controls the activities within our returns center. Ensures efficient and profitable operations; uses independent judgment within the framework of established policies and objectives in decisions affecting branch activities; makes recommendations and assists in the formulation of the company objective, policies and plans. Has supervisory responsibility for one functional area within the physical operations of the distribution center and approximately 60 associates. Plans, examines, analyzes and evaluates branch operations in respect to quality standards, safety standards and customer support.
- Maintain departmental metrics ensure they are kept current and accurate. Frequently review and update goals to challenge and motivate team members.
- Ensure department metrics align with customer KPI's.
- Provide frequent updates to site Director, including timely communication of barriers so that the Director can facilitate resolution of issues.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations and communicate positive discipline as required.
- Work diligently to learn, understand and be fully functional in all system platforms as it pertains to the departmental responsibilities.
- Support site 5’s practices and conduct required audits within the required intervals/frequency. Report findings in the required format and correct findings in a timely manner.
- Understand and drive Lean and CI activities in the site.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with other departments, internal and external, to ensure that the site as a whole can function as efficiently and effectively as possible.Responsible for maximizing and ensuring adherence to productivity and quality standards.
- Utilize corrective action system to address severe and reoccurring issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.