Senior Transportation Operations Analyst
About the Job
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
The Operations Analyst II or Sr. Operations Analyst for Transportation Systems – SAP/TMS is vital to the successful utilization of carriers, customer migration and freight strategy. This individual will monitor, manage and implement systems and processes which will drive the execution of Transportation Strategy within our SAP ERP and create processes which allow for compliant shipping, accurate financial reporting operational execution. The role requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a number of IT, Sales and Order Management groups to communicate requirements and interpret requests.
- Perform Transportation related maintenance within our TMS and SAP systems
- Including but not limited to Rate, Fuel surcharge, Accessorial, Geographic updates, Markup Strategies
- Identify, analyze, maintain and monitor reporting to ensure accuracy and appropriate costing assigned
- Identify, analyze, recommend and implement initiatives that assign appropriate carriers, services and costing based upon complex business rules
- Implement, maintain and document best practices with TMS and SAP processes
- Support Ingram Micro Transportation strategies and systems requirements in the TMS Re-architecture and Configuration Project, SAP enhancements and other related projects
- Support customer transitions between ERPs and new customer deployments within SAP
- Work cross functionally to identify opportunities to improve recovery and reduce shrink
- Identify, analyze, recommend, develop and implement lean processes
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- BS degree required, preferably in one of the disciplines of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and/or Transportation.
- Knowledge of JDA TMS, including execution, configuration and deployment desired
- Knowledge of SAP ERP, including navigation and configuration of OTC, SCE and PTP modules desired
- 3+ years of Transportation, TMS and/or Supply Chain experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and diverse populations
- Proven track record of leading cross functional project teams
- Ability to multi task and prioritize effectively
- Flexibility to travel on a limited basis, less than 25%
- Flexibility to work off hours on a limited basis, less than 25%
- Proven track record of identifying proactive solutions
- Microsoft Office – intermediate to advanced skillset in suite, including Access
- Logility BaseRate TMS, Business Objects, Visual Basic, SQL scripting a plus
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.