WW Field Medical and Communications Lead Oncology
About the Job
About Bristol-Myers Squibb\:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- Contributes to Disease Area Medical Strategies and long term plans and participates actively in the World Wide Medical and Brand Matrix Teams for the therapeutic area
- Provides input into worldwide communication platform for TA/asset, adapts platform to local needs
- Defines Field Medical (FM) communication topics for Thought Leaders (TL)
- Provides clear direction to country field medical to drive overall execution of scientific communication for the therapeutic area.
- Ensure coordination for timely development of high quality materials for use with customers which are aligned with needs and internal strategy.
- Design and deploy therapeutic area training in collaboration with WW Medical teams, coordinate deployment in markets in collaboration with FM Management
- Implement Field Medical Operating standards in own therapeutic area to ensure alignment across FM function
- Ensures timely and informative scientific exchanges with external customers and internal partners, which accurately reflect scientific data of the disease area. This includes timely distribution of congress materials for use with external customers as well as for internal training purposes.
- Coordinate Clinical trials activities requiring field medical support.
Contribution to brand strategy and ownership of Field Medical Therapeutic Area Strategy
- Provides strategic recommendation for scientific communication including deployment of Field Medical resources, model and structure across the geographies to ensure the appropriate level of scientific communication within the TA in different phases of the lifecycle.
- Ensures TL profiling reflects changing and evolving needs as well as environment
- Ensures close alignment with WW and local Medical contacts in defining the customer pool according to the lifecycle of the brands and needs of the customers and franchise.
- Works with central team and DAHs/CMDs to ensure appropriate lifecycle flexing of FM Team across markets
- Responsible for adapting TA medical communication guidance including FM approach and guidelines
- Holds WW medical and content teams accountable for timely delivery of high quality scientific communications and training materials
- Sets strategy for the use of appropriate channels for TL interactions and facilitate integration and review of customer feedback and insights into actionable plans in collaboration with WW Medical.
- Ensure TA pipeline materials are developed and communicated appropriately.
- Serves as key contact person for GCR to coordinate appropriate regional FM study support and ensures effective execution of these activities.
- Assessment of key medical/scientific competencies required by the medical organization at varying life cycle. Setting standards for excellence in the Disease Area
- Accountable for the coordination and ensures the delivery of disease area/compound training for large markets and work most appropriate solution for EMAC and InterCon; ensures Medical training is carried out in a timely fashion and its effectiveness is assessed continuously in close collaboration with WW Medical Teams
- Contribute for deployment of appropriate tools and necessary functional training in a timely fashion
FM Value Demonstration
- Acts as the champion for the field medical strategy and activities and ensures alignment with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for defining and demonstrating value creation of scientific communication for given therapeutic area
- Works with local medical leads and WW Medical teams and FM Operations on setting metrics and defines TA specific objectives
- Assesses ‘success’ of scientific communication capability against the needs of scientific community with qualitative and quantitative metrics in close collaboration with the FM Operations
- Facilitates best practice sharing across the markets
- Ensure alignment and communication with alliance partners as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with GMA SOPs, GCP and ICH, Compliance policies and procedures and BMS Compliance Code of Conduct, as well as with legal and ethical standards
- Acts as a role model who demonstrates consistent ethical and professional behaviour
- Alerts management and the Compliance Officer when appropriate -- to potential compliance issues
- Disease or therapeutic area expertise advantageous
- Field medical management (advantageous – 2 years)
- Country medical role (desirable – 2 years)
- Worked in regional medical role (advantageous – 2 years)
- Track record in strategic thinking
- Proven ability to innovate and to rapidly adapt to a fast changing environment
- Medical/Scientific background (mandatory)
- Proven knowledge within Disease Area (desired)
- Experience in developing international level Medical/Marketing strategy for a Product (desired)
- Understanding of medical communication and complexities in field (mandatory)
- Strong matrix skills – proven success in managing within a local/regional/global medical &/or commercial team (mandatory)
- Strong communication & influencing skills (excellent written/oral English) (mandatory)
- Understanding of environment and industry trends and their impact on the business (mandatory)
- Proven success in building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships in a multi-cultural environment (mandatory)
- Advanced presentation skills (mandatory)
- Exposure to different business cultures across the globe and markets
- Building reputation and visibility with the Medical community across the region and within BMS at the global level
- Building experience in complex matrix management
- Exposure to WW-level Medical, Marketing and Regulatory issues
- Exposure to Senior Management across different functions
- Opportunity to be part of highly visible, evolving core BMS function