Team Lead PRC
About the Job
Provides direct leadership of all assigned personnel in the various areas of the fulfillment center. Responsible for coordinating Inbound, Returns, PGM, Kitting, Inventory Control, Quality Control, Cargo and parcel shipping, as well as Returns/Refusals processing. Must have working knowledge of all areas within the distribution center. Ownership of all labor reporting from the various production areas. Identifies and reports to management any labor issue that impacts our costs.
Major Essential Functions:
- Responsible for assigned production areas to ensure daily goals are achieved at the lowest cost
- Accountable for both Regular and Temporary labor and coordinates activities that ensure ISO policies are followed
- Maintains the integrity of all Quality and inventory goals/metrics that provide world class services to our customers
- May be required to be proficient in Warehouse Management Systems and prepares daily reports of all activities, labor used, and volumes handled
- Communicates with Operations Supervisor and Manager to define daily work schedules that minimize overtime and reduce labor costs
- Ownership of safety and housekeeping in assigned areas and ensures we meet or exceed all OSHA guidelines
- Provides daily cross-training of new associates (regular and temporary) to establish pool of talent to work in any distribution center area
- Provides leadership and guidance to all staff for continual improvement of key functions and activities to improve efficiency and meet increasing customer and business demands
- Ensures labor is reallocated from one department to another as required to meet each day’s business needs, minimize overtime and reduce labor costs
- Maintains a professional, helpful attitude in dealings with co-workers, supervisors and their departmental personnel at all times
- Demonstrates Ingram Micro Mobility’s values: Innovation, Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork and Respect, Learning, and Social Responsibility
Minor Essential Function:
- May be required to complete end of day closing of PROVIA ( WMS) system so that all transactions are posted and all variances researched
- Ownership of ISO training records for area and recommend changes to business processes to optimize efficiency
- Recommend layout changes to improve production velocity and associate performance
- Responsible for additional tasks as assigned to meet or exceed the expectations of customers and/or Ingram Micro Mobility management based on our fluid business needs.
High School or GED or equivalent required.
Minimum 3+ years in a fast paced, high volume distribution center
Forklift certification to allow for operation of all material handling equipment in the distribution center preferred
RF scanners, WMS, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, basic math skills
Material handling equipment – floor sweeper, stretch wrapper, workstation PC, Printers, RF guns, printers, label printers
Must identify and report problems in a timely manner. Avoids conflicts. Meets or exceeds commitments. Welcomes balanced feedback. Contributes to building a positive team and puts success of the team above own interest. Assists in operating the facility in a cost effective manner. Being flexible, a solid, above expectation performer and team member. Excellent written and oral communication skills including proficient use of MS Office Suite. . Ability to establish credibility across the organization and engage others to ensure the most effective supply chain solutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to be constantly standing, bending, lifting up to 50 pounds, driving equipment in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment is generally noisy and subject to seasonal temperature extremes.