Supplier Quality Material Specialist
About the Job
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we believe that together we can make the difference. We want to do this by building professional teams who can create and innovate medicines that benefit doctors and their patients.
Our large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts, is expanding and there are a number of exciting career opportunities to join Bristol-Myers Squibb, one of the world’s leading BioPharma companies.
We’ve created one of the world’s premier biologics facilities, among the first sites in the industry to have a fully automated, integrated manufacturing control system that enables the plant to run virtually paperless. It is a site that combines biologics development with clinical and commercial manufacturing on a single campus – a true biologics center of excellence for the company where teams are encouraged to closely collaborate. This expansion was designed to support the launch of new medicines by more closely aligning biologics development and manufacturing capabilities. All this goes towards helping create and innovate life-saving medicines that fight serious illnesses.
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION\: The QA material specialist will perform Quality tasks associated with incoming materials;
Including from receipt through life cycle management.
1. Inspects consumables and raw materials per SOPs and material specifications.
2. Performs Disposition on incoming materials.
3. Assists in discrepancy reporting, investigations and CAPAs associated with nonconforming material.
4. Assists in investigating/closing Quality Events (QEs).
5. Assists in CAPA execution and drives actions through to completion.
6. Supports warehouse personnel with concerns/issues with received material.
7. Has an understanding of SAP transactions and material status in SAP.
8. Drafts and revises Specification and Procedures, as applicable
9. Represent teams on cross-site improvement initiates
10. Performs Walk-throughs of assigned areas to ensure audit readiness
11. Assist in Material Qualification processes
12. Assists in Supplier change notification assessments
13. Assists in master data approval
• Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in science, engineering, biochemistry, related discipline, or its equivalent
• A minimum of 4 years of directly relevant experience in a regulated environment is required.
• Practical knowledge of regulatory activities such as documentation practices and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Prior evidence of successful participation on work teams where combined contribution, collaboration, and results were expected.
• Demonstrated proficiency in common computer tools such as word processing, spreadsheet and web based applications.
• Previous work experience where attention to detail and personal accountability were critical to success.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Together, we make a difference. Bristol-Myers Squibb is one of the world’s BioPharma leaders, committed to delivering innovative medicines as well as nurturing a culture that’s a springboard for progress. Our success depends on building teams of bold, innovative and passionate employees who will help continue to drive us further forward. No matter the role, we are united by our mission and determined to win this fight. And that makes all the difference. If you want to join us, apply now at www.bms.com/careers.