Shipping and Receiving Clerk
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours35
Scheduled Shift1st Shift
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Shipping and Receiving Clerk position in Milpitas, CA. The shift for this position will be Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; 35 hours per week. Compensation will start at $15.00 per hour.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
With a strong attention to detail, this role will facilitate a variety of shipping tasks to ensure high levels of customer service in a fast paced environment
As a Shipping and Receiving Clerk you will:
- Prepare shipments for destination. This can include, but not exclusive to, selecting appropriate shipping container; packing items to ensure safe delivery; and carrier management.
- Detailed inspection of outgoing international shipments including documenting part numbers, serial numbers, quantities and country of origin
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- May trace lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- Maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Adhere to all Federal, State, Local and Company safety and security regulations and policies.
- Maintain all logs and reporting documentation; attention to detail
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
- Minimum of 3 years customer service related experience
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Shipping Operations
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Lifting up to 40 pounds with or without accommodation
- Proficient in keyboarding and windows environment; PC skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment
- Ability to meet employer's attendance policy
- Standing for long periods of time and/or significant walking with or without accommodation
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS