Research Associate III
About the Job
We are looking for a motivated and energetic candidate to join the Animal Biology team at our Redwood City site. The candidate will be responsible for independently carrying out animal studies in support of preclinical development of oncology and immuno-oncology therapeutics. This position requires knowledge and proficiency with a wide range of in vivo models and techniques related to immunology and oncology. The candidate will be expected to readily coordinate and execute existing methodologies, as well as independently develop new methodologies to meet the company goals.
The candidate will be expected to assume a leadership role, both in terms of study execution as well as overall program development. Participation in the vivarium occupational health program is required.
Qualifications - External
• BS/MS degree with 5-8 years related experience.
• Previous lmmuno-Oncology experience would be a plus.
• Experience in vivo research associate sought for performing studies to interrogate immuno-oncology and oncology therapeutic targets.
• Ability to work independently to execute animal studies and model development projects
• Willing to supervise and train junior staff to ensure proper conduct of animal procedures and SOPs
• Mastery of humane animal handling and procedures (injections, dosing, tissue harvest)
• Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
• Must have experience reviewing experimental results and performing data analysis
• Expected to effectively relay study conclusions or recommendations to management