Senior Business Analyst-Transportation Systems
About the Job
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology. No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
Develop a thorough understanding of the analytical needs of transportation management and utilize departmental resources effectively to drive initiatives from inception to completion. Monitor, manage and implement systems and processes which will drive best practice in the execution of Transportation strategy within JDA TMS and ERP. A primary focus being to create processes which allow for compliant shipping, accurate financial reporting and operational execution. The role requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross functionally and communicate effectively with all levels of the company in an exciting fast paced environment. Recognize potential for process improvement and drive initiative. Develop, automate and publish reports as assigned by management, using data from a variety of sources. Document automated reporting projects and transition to team members, where appropriate. Develop and generate ad-hoc and periodic reports with minimal or no assistance and perform analysis of the data produced.
- Represent Transportation and Operations as a Super User for functionality of the JDA TMS System which includes:
- Understanding contract and tariff application
- Tariff design and configuration.
- Building and loading both Customer and Carrier contract and rate tables within TMS
- Customer setup and maintenance
- Requesting customer profiles and updating cost models accordingly
- Point of Contact for System related TMS issues
- Ability to diagnose and solve user related issues
- Work closely with IT/JDA to resolve any complex system failures
- Manage enhancement requests, continuing education, documentation for all systems upgrades and enhancements
- Analyze, Report and Address System Performance and Utilization
- Performing daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current operational and costing metrics
- Performing revenue management and cost analysis for new/ existing customers, reviewing shipping patterns and characteristics to identify opportunities for increased yields
- Create and publish monthly system utilization report for executive review
- Identifying rating problems and initiating resolutions to ensure correct invoicing
- Review and minimize system constraints to maximize solution efficiency
- Participate in business analysis/design/construction phase of priority project that leads to writing functional specifications
- Using Modeler and TMS, identify additional cost savings opportunities, document these opportunities and work with Ingram Micro Divisions to complete cost and/or transit improvement plans
- Conduct scenario testing using Modeler for future state opportunities
BA degree required, preferably in one of the disciplines of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and/or Transportation. MBA desired but not required
- 4+ years of Transportation, TMS and Supply Chain experience required
- 2+ years of experience with JDA TMS, including tariff design and configuration
- Existing certification as JDA TM/TP User and JDA Modeler desired
- Knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel) including writing macros, developing complex formulas, using advanced functions such as pivot tables, lookups, taking advantage of shortcuts to expedite completion.
- Advanced database (Access) knowledge, including all types of queries, generating forms, macros, writing advanced formulas, manipulating code, and creating "push button" reporting.
- Understanding of Magellan (overall understanding of structure, where to locate data, knowledge of deficiencies).
- Skill in data collection, interpretation and research techniques.
- Must be able to prioritize and successfully complete multiple assigned projects within established timelines, define and develop project scope (timeline, steps, and deliverables) and perform administrative tasks as required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written/verbal communication.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.