About the Job
Responsible for the accurate and productive handling of inbound returns. This includes providing leadership and development to all supporting team members, including contract labor. Responsible for creating and managing a daily processing/production plan that meets or exceeds customer service level agreements and departmental performance metrics. Works collaboratively across all departments in the PRC.
- Accountable for daily work assignments of all regular and temporary labor to meet or exceed customer SLA’s while minimizing labor costs.
- Ensures labor is balanced across departments as required to meet each days business needs, minimize downtime, overtime and reduce labor costs
- Ensure completion of daily production schedule.
- Responsible for validating employee punches, ensuring timely correction of missed punches, and proper coding of labor
- Responsible for training and certification of department personnel, including timely coaching and development.
- Ensure employee evaluation and training records are documented and stored in the employees file and with HR/Contract Labor Onsite
- Responsible for following and enforcing departmental and inter-departmental procedures.
- Responsible for maximizing and ensuring adherence to productivity and quality standards.
- Daily coordination and collaboration with area Supervisor(s) on execution to daily planned and unplanned volumes.
- Maintain departmental metrics ensure they are kept current and accurate. Frequently review and update goals to challenge and motivate team members.
- Provide frequent updates to site Director, including timely communication of barriers so that the Director can facilitate resolution of issues.
- Utilize corrective action system to address severe and reoccurring issues.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations and communicate positive discipline as required.
- Work diligently to learn, understand and be fully functional in all system platforms as it pertains to the departmental responsibilities.
- Support site 5’s practices and conduct required audits within the required intervals/frequency. Report findings in the required format and correct findings in a timely manner.
- Seek approval on all proposed process changes prior to implementing.
- Coordinate with the on-site temp agency to schedule needed labor.
- Provide backup to peers and/or team members during vacations and sick days.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with other departments, internal and external, to ensure that the site as a whole can function as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Responsible for the adherence and enforcement of all policies as prescribed in the Ingram Micro Associate Handbook.
Requirements: Minimum three years' experience in management of complex projects. Supervisory responsibilities in a matrix environment strongly recommended. Prior experience in monitoring and controlling people and systems responsible for critical results required. In addition;
- Bachelor's degree in related field or a combination of education and experience
- Interpersonal & conflict resolution skills, including effective oral and written communication and strong attention to detail.
- Minimum 2+ years in a leadership role in a fast paced, high volume Returns center or similar environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, including effective oral and written communication and strong attention to detail.
- Uses intuition and experience to improve business systems and processes.
- Must identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develop alternative solutions.