Special Events and Communications Specialist
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusExempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours36
Develops and implements programs, projects and activities designed to increase and improve Novitex’s internal and external communications. Implements the Company’s digital marketing, event and external communications strategies. Designs, develops and runs party and special event administration.
Job Tasks (Duties)
Communications, Internal Marketing, Development and Other
- Maintains the Novitex Master Event and Marketing Calendar.
- Promotes company activities using live and web events, newsletters, direct mail flyers, social media and other means.
- Coordinates the conceptualization and promotion of social activities/event calendar for Novitex.
- Coordinates and produces all promotional materials for company events.
- Establishes and builds relationships with external industry organizations.
- Develops and runs internal go to market activities and development programs.
- Design presentations and thought leadership for events such as webinars and conference speaking engagements
- Generates frequent, positive communication with members.
- Tracks the success (performance) of all communications activities.
Parties and Special Events
- Prepares Event Orders, party contracts, supporting diagrams and related material.
- Meets with vendors and recommends venues based on budget, and needs.
- Assists with design, décor and themes for company events. Some “arts and crafts” skills and interest required.
- Prepares invoices payments. Tracks and records all billing and payment to ensure compliance.
- Maintains demeanor in a fast-paced environment, endeavoring to keep the entire team informed of rapidly changing information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; InDesign experience a plus.
- Tech savvy.
- Confident personality.
- Extremely organized, responsible and detail oriented.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related fields preferred.
- Minimum of three years of sales/communications experience preferably in B2B space.
- Knowledge of technology helpful but not required.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS