Lead, Global Diversity/Inclusion and Partnership Engagement
Bristol-Myers Squibb Princeton, NJ
About the Job
- Global Diversity and Inclusion\: Serves as a critical Global Diversity and Inclusion subject matter expert and center of expertise lead to the business units and HR partners The successful candidate will management all critical initiatives in the areas of workforce representation, accelerated leadership development, manager capability, and the people and business resource groups businesses. Most importantly, he/she will work directly with the GD&I Head to develop the go-forward strategy for the function and will be responsible for the 3-year global strategic plan. Will also act as both an internal and external spokesperson concerning matters of global diversity and inclusion.
- External Corporate Partnership Engagement\: Responsible for the development, implementation and management of the “first-ever” global engagement strategy. This work includes the business case and associated identification, engagement and ongoing strategic relationship management of corporate partners in the areas of community-based organizations (i.e. the National Council of La Raza; The National Urban League; ASCEND; the Executive Leadership Council ), non-governmental organizations (i.e. National Hispanic Medical Association; National Medical Association for Black Physicians; United Nations Global Health Initiative, Sino-American Pharamceutical Assocation), governmental organizations ( i.e. Asian, Black and Hispanic Congressional Caucuses), philanthropic organizations (Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; George W. Bush Foundation and Global Health) , leading global associations focused on women’s initiatives ( i.e. the Lean-In organization; Catalyst; Health Business Association) , communities of practice ( Conference Board; Center for Talent Innovation; CEB/Gartner; NeuroLeadership Institute) as well as leading educational research insitutes ( i.e. Columbia University; Princeton University) Key responsibilities also include both the budgetary and programmatic management associated with these organizations with quarterly reviews with the Human Resource Leadership Team and the Chief Human Resource Officer.
- External Reputational Management\: Leveraging the above corporate partnerships, this leader will be responsible for the building, driving and management of BMS’s external reputation as a “trusted partner of choice” focused on “meeting the unmet medical needs of patients worldwide” through the management of innovative global/national partnerships within communities worldwide. Key responsibilities include the development of the “first-ever” global reputation strategy, overseeing the evolution of BMS’s GD&I brand, strategic communications, as well as its global engagement with CBOs, governmental, non-governmental organizations, educational, philanthropic partners and social-innovation thought leaders. Additionally, this leader has the responsibility for managing the GD&I communications risks and opportunities of the organization, both internally and externally, positioning BMS as the leading and most innovative, inclusive biopharmaceutical company worldwide. Critical to this role is the ability to lead change, helping the GD&I team and internal audiences to embrace new strategic directions while simultaneously providing the business and relationship savvy to build bridges across the enterprise and the external global landscape to earn the trust of business leaders and key stakeholders building BMS’s reputation around the world.
- A minimum of 15 years of senior business leadership experience
- Expert knowledge and executional knowledge of global diversity and inclusion principles tied to business performance and workforce competitiveness.
- Strong bias toward action coupled with superior attention to execution detail, project management, and organizational skills.
- Experience leading large scale change management initiatives.
- Proven skills in prioritizing and multi-tasking, as well as the ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced environment while acting with a sense of urgency.
- Strong project management competency, including analytical, budgeting, strategic planning, communications, and partnership relations skills.
- Diplomatic and articulate business communication style in dealing with senior executives. Interfaces with the BMS Leadership Team, Global Diversity and Inclusion Council, the Global Leadership Team, the Human Resrouce Leadership Team as well as the Chief Human Resource Officer.
- Experience representing global organzations to strategic coporate partners, and/or industry associations.
- Public speaking experience a must.
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have\:
- Fluency in a second language preferably Spanish.
- Experience working in a global organization with solid stakeholder management skills.
- Bachelors degree with advanced degree preferred, particularly an MBA.