Assistant Automation Engineer
About the Job
At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we believe that together we can make the difference. We want to do this by building professional teams who can create and innovate medicines that benefit doctors and their patients.
Our large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts, is expanding and there are a number of exciting career opportunities to join Bristol-Myers Squibb, one of the world’s leading BioPharma companies.
We’ve created one of the world’s premier biologics facilities, among the first sites in the industry to have a fully automated, integrated manufacturing control system that enables the plant to run virtually paperless. It is a site that combines biologics development with clinical and commercial manufacturing on a single campus – a true biologics center of excellence for the company where teams are encouraged to closely collaborate. This expansion was designed to support the launch of new medicines by more closely aligning biologics development and manufacturing capabilities. All this goes towards helping create and innovate life-saving medicines that fight serious illnesses.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESONSI-BILITIES
- Participate in Run the Business initiatives such as change implementation, investigations, corrective actions, and manufacturing support.
- Implement system modifications by following appropriate standard operating procedures.
- Troubleshoot and remediate system configuration/infrastructure issues.
- Collaborate in investigations of proprietary automation software/hardware problems with vendors.
- Communicate proactively with supervisor and colleagues, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- Participate in on-call support for Automation/IT systems with other team members.
- Follow applicable standard operating procedures while working in validated systems.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- 0 - 2 years working experience with control systems or manufacturing systems Preferred Emerson DeltaV, Emerson Syncade, OSISoft PI, or Rockwell Logix
- Theoretical and applied knowledge of computerized systems and Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Working knowledge in computerized systems (Preferred Emerson DeltaV, Emerson Syncade, OSISoft PI, or Rockwell Logix).
- Understanding of expectations working in regulated industries such as Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Food-Beverage is a plus.
- Must demonstrate an ability to understand and apply software solutions.
- Must demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot complex problems on highly automated equipment.
- Must be able to successfully work independently and within teams.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Work both independently and in a team environment at all levels of the organization. Regular contact with internal departments and external business units to ensure alignment and occasional contact with related regulatory authorities.
Works in an office setting and GMP manufacturing environment. Work within all Site Facilities, which requires one to give a high attention to detail and on occasion to properly use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Take action, final decision, recommend
Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Limited direct supervision is required. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet deliverables as agreed upon with management. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting established objectives and schedules. Identifies and reports any discrepancies from normal practices or procedures to senior management, recommending and implementing corrective actions.
Project-based supervision of internal or external resources may be required.
Together, we make a difference. Bristol-Myers Squibb is one of the world’s BioPharma leaders, committed to delivering innovative medicines as well as nurturing a culture that’s a springboard for progress. Our success depends on building teams of bold, innovative and passionate employees who will help continue to drive us further forward. No matter the role, we are united by our mission and determined to win this fight. And that makes all the difference. If you want to join us, apply now at www.bms.com/careers.