About the Job
About Bristol-Myers Squibb\:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Support Environmental Health and Safety Programs for the Biological Discovery California Site at Redwood City.
This position will assume responsibility for the following EHS Program areas\:
- Occupational Safety Programs\: Support and implement RWC Safety Programs including Electrical Safety, Fall Protection, Machine Guarding, Confined Spaces, Fire Protection, Chemical Safety, and all other BMS / RWC safety programs. Conduct scheduled Safety Inspections for Labs and Mechanical areas. Investigate employee injury and illness cases, and report all cases through the Safe-IM system. Manage corrective actions to closure and documentation. Serve as primary interface for regulatory agency inspections including CalOSHA and Redwood City HazMat Department.
- Office and Laboratory Ergonomics Program. Coordinate ergonomic assessments, workstation modification, training and ergonomic injury investigations. Track ongoing ergonomic issues to ensure compliance with BMS Corporate and WCNJ Regional requirements.
- Occupational Health and Medical Surveillance Programs. Provide ongoing support for IH monitoring and heath screening programs primarily for vivarium employees. Maintain database of respirator users and annual testing. Support employee wellness programs such as Health Fair, Flu shots and Wellness Programs. Conduct employee exposure assessment for chemicals, noise and radiation.
Qualifications for this position include\:
- Four year college degree (Bachelors) in a related field with 10 plus years’ industry experience as well as a certification in hazardous materials management, safety, industrial hygiene and/or a Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology process experience.
- Excellent communication skills are required as the position interacts with all levels of personnel including maintenance, laboratory, and external regulatory agencies.
- Individual must be able to motivate others and lead through example on an individual and team basis through various site committees and interactions.
- Incumbent is frequently required to work independently and make significant decisions without consultation with supervision.