Medical Scientist - I/O GU (US Medical)
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- The I-O Medical Scientist is a member of the US Medical Oncology Medical Team, which plays a critical role in data generation to support the commercialization of BMS oncology therapeutics
- The I-O Medical Scientist develops the strategy for US based BMS sponsored clinical research
- The I-O Medical Scientist provides subject matter expertise during the review of investigator sponsored research
- The I-O Medical Scientist supports alignment of all Medical strategies across the BMS matrix
- The I-O Medical Scientist maintains a strategic view with an emphasis on integrated insights from medical practice, life sciences, epidemiologic, economics and health services perspectives
- The I-O Medical Scientist demonstrates forward thinking by understanding emerging trends, by anticipating future obstacles, risks and business opportunities and by proactively creating strategies, tactics and contingency plans.
- The I-O Medical Scientist is the USMO integrative content expert in medical practice, molecular oncology/genomics, and epidemiology and health economics.
- The I-O Medical Scientist will use their understanding of cancer biology and treatment pathways to support development of research strategies.
- Finally, the I-O Medical Scientist is a key contributor to aligning access strategies across R&D and commercial to ensure customer recognition of value and success of the pipeline.
- Ph.D., PharmD or MD
- Experience in Oncology/Immunology is preferred (>3 years)
- Industry experience in medical affairs and solid understanding of clinical trials is required
- Experience conducting oncology/immunology -related clinical, translational research and/or population-based, observational, longitudinal, health services or health economics-related research outside the pharmaceutical industry is desirable