Technology Consultant II - VMware West Coast Consultant
About the Job
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology.TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Ingram Micro’s global infrastructure and deep expertise in technology solutions, supply chain, cloud and mobility enable its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Combined with distinct market insights and the trust and dependability generated from decades of strong partner relationships, Ingram Micro stands apart as the global technology services provider for the future.
The Technology Consultant II’s primary responsibility is to provide pre-sales engineering, training and education to customers with a goal of growing their business with Ingram at a faster rate. Build reseller and vendor relationships and gain trusted status for transparent collaboration and planning of business needs. Comprehensively educate partners on best in class IT solutions to facilitate the building of practices in areas of focus. Raise the technical proficiency of the customer to win more business through sound product and technical focus and market relevance. Understands the partner sales organization and identifies and engages key stakeholders.
Proactively present information on new and emerging products, technologies and services to help reseller partners to capitalize on new market opportunities and increase end-user reach and loyalty. Effectively articulates benefits of technologies, products and services over “speeds and feeds.”
Plays a larger role consulting internally for the company and is sought out by management to lend support or validate strategic initiatives.
Executes MBO’s on a quarterly basis that are tightly aligned to strategic vendor management and sales objectives.
This position can be field or campus based with responsibility for face to face customer interaction potentially on a national scale. Travel up to 70% including International travel.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 7 years directly-related experience
- Or high school grad (or equivalent) with a minimum of 9 years directly-related experience
- Or 5 years Ingram experience in a technical capacity.
- And relevant professional level industry certifications
*Years’ experience to include technical channel development. Reseller education and enablement in Mid-range & Enterprise technology solutions for data center, communications, networking, security or Point-of-Sale.
- Knowledge of: IT industry and channel related to technologies such as Network Security, High End Storage, Network Switching/Routing, Virtualization, and/or Wireless Networking, Expert understanding of Ingram Micro value added services such as Cloud, pro and Training Services, Technical Support, Solutions Center, Integration Services and all resources available
- Skill in:
- Extensive technical product line knowledge
- Excellent training skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Public speaking skills
- Competitive industry technical knowledge
- Ability to:
- Work cross-functionally
- Manage time
- Work toward common goals
- Work independently as well as in group/team settings