Core HR, Payroll & Reporting Service Line Lead -Director
About the Job
This position has global responsibility for the end to end, integrated processes and tools that enable the employee life cycle, e.g. employee data management, payroll, and time management. The leader will partner closely with the Capability Center leads as well as other Service Line leads, and participate in the design of operational strategies that align with both BMS’ Talent and Reward Strategies as well as the current HR Transformation, with an eye for translating those strategies into deployment plans inclusive of processes, procedures, change management, system requirements and documentation.
Other key responsibilities include Expatriate payroll administration, security / access strategy that aligns with data protection regulations, continuous improvement of end-to-end integrated processes, reporting strategy and service delivery, mass upload strategy and process, foundational data and data quality, change request management, and management of Workday, payroll and other system updates.
Near term deliverables will focus on integrating the team across payroll and time management, employee lifecycle and reporting as well as inflight payroll and time management process improvement and automation.
Detailed Position Responsibilities
- Serves as a true operational partner to the regional People Services Capability Center leaders. Provides system and process expertise to enable the global deployment of innovative employee lifecycle management processes
- Service Line Leader for core HR processes e.g. employee data management, payroll, time management, and reporting
- Owns global process and tools
- Defines global standards and ensures harmonization in the end to end processes across core HR, Payroll and any other impacted processes
- Accountable to develop and maintain the design for end-to-end employee life cycle processes and produce process documentation (including setting guidelines/tolerances for handling issues and taking local variations into account in the design). Consults with the People Services Leads in the Capability Centers to ensure design and documentation will allow flawless execution
- Responsible, with other Service Line Leads and Capability Center leads, for efficient and effective end to end processes
- Accountable for communicating change in process as appropriate
- Design robust controls and ensure these are embedded in each process and operating as designed
- Ensure compliance with Country, Federal, State and local (City) reporting and payroll requirements.
- Functions as liaison with People Services Capability Centers to translate strategy into day to day processes and procedures to be carried out by our teams in the centers. Utilizes feedback on trends and data collected via contacts to the Capability Centers to help inform future roll outs.
- Manages the Expatriate Payroll and ensures integration with and delivery through country payrolls
- Shared responsibility for enabling high percent of first contact resolution in our Capability Centers by providing all needed knowledge capital and partnering to remove roadblocks for smooth operations.
- Partners closely with HRIT to leverage BMS technology platforms, identify and recommend changes to scope and requirements for capital expenditures to implement new processes. Manages semi-annual Workday updates and oversees core HR and payroll change requests.
- Monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of the employee data management, payroll and time management programs and uses data to recommend modifications to continuously improve these processes, reduce costs and improve efficiency & client satisfaction
- Partners with People Services Operations Service Line Lead and/or HR Analytics team to provide data and analysis for all reporting required for core HR and Payroll processes
- Partner with the Service Management team in People Services to provide performance metrics, and trending of issues
- Defines and manages SLAs related to the relevant process areas and maintains open communication with business stakeholders, especially with the capability center leaders
- Oversees and provides support to Tier 2 cases; Identifies global/regional issues and trends with an eye for continuous improvement opportunities
- Owns relationship with third parties who partner with us to deliver core HR and Payroll services, and provides evaluations to ensure quality and consistency of vendor services.
- Maintains a keen sense of external trends in core HR and payroll operations; makes recommendations for fit for purpose improvements to ensure BMS maintains an appropriately competitive suite of tools
- Manages a global team of professionals across Capability Centers. Ensures that team members are engaged with clear direction and accountability, as well as appropriate development opportunities.
- Responsible for the ongoing learning / development of functional expertise of the extended team delivering core HR, payroll, time management and reporting services
- Ensures compliance with the organization quality standards and training requirements
- Develops and manages reporting strategy for standard, statutory and ad hoc reporting, integrated reporting across multiple systems/tools, and reporting delivery, e.g self-service or scheduled. Partners with HR Analytics to maintain clear governance on “reporting” vs “analytics” as well as demand management
- Manages HR foundational data and data quality, interacting with enterprise wide data management / governance organization as well as HR Analytics where required
- Responsible for delivery of annual financial budget and shared accountability for delivery of overall People Services budget
- Member of People Services Leadership team
- 10 + years prior experience leading teams responsible for employee data management, payroll and time management with responsibility for the development and execution of core HR end to end business processes in complex global organizations with full understanding of downstream impacts throughout employee life cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of a highly matrixed organization and the ability to work across cross-functional, cross-organizational teams
- Working knowledge and understanding of SOX controls as they relate to payroll processing and integration with company financial statements
- Clear ability to effectively partner and collaborate with HR Centers of Expertise and Capability Center peers to deliver the best core HR and payroll solutions for the company
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with all levels of an organization including senior executives
- Experience developing and deploying end to end processes in a global environment
- Demonstrated state-of-the-art functional knowledge of current and emerging core HR, Payroll and timekeeping interventions and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage deadlines for a number of varied projects and priorities
- Experience with the development and deployment of enterprise-wide systems and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and influence others to accomplish goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence virtually
- Experienced people manager with the ability to manage a team of professionals, maintaining engagement, development and delivery of all accountabilities
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage outsource providers and contractors
Minimum Requirement / Knowledge Desired\:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 + years relevant experience
- Consulting skills/ impact and influence abilities/ strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, planning, organizational, and project management skills
- Experience with Workday required
- Global payroll experience required, including vendor management experience
- Attention to detail a must