Total Rewards Service Line Lead ( Director)
About the Job
This position is responsible for building and providing direction to the global team delivering the operations and processes that enable our global total rewards programs and policies. This includes but is not limited to compensation, including equity, benefits, recognition, global mobility and absence management, which are delivered through a shared services environment.
S/he is the Service Line Leader for rewards processes (e.g. compensation inclusive of equity, benefits, absence and mobility). The leader will partner closely with the Total Rewards Center of Expertise (COE) as well as a network of third party partners. S/he will participate in the COE led design of strategies that align with both BMS Talent and Reward Strategies as well as current HR Transformation with an eye for translating those strategies into deployment plans inclusive of processes, procedures, change management, system requirements and documentation. S/he will translate the COE designs into services and facilitate the translation into HRIT requirements.
Near term deliverables focus on the completion of the consolidation and shift of Total Rewards operational work to Capability Centers with global implementations of systems and transition of knowledge capital to teams in the Capability Centers. Specific emphasis will be focused on the annual compensation planning and management, global mobility execution, and completion of the global benefits administrator implementation in remaining markets in partnership with CoE and third party vendors.
Detailed Position Responsibilities
- Serves as a true operational partner to the Total Rewards (TR) Center of Expertise (COE). Provides system and process expertise from an enterprise perspective to enable the innovative rewards strategies rolled out globally across BMS that drive engagement and incent the highest levels of performance.
- Service Line Leader for key rewards processes e.g. compensation, inclusive of equity, benefits, recognition, absence and mobility\:
- Owns global process and tools
- Defines global standards and ensures harmonization in the end to end processes across total rewards and any other impacted processes
- Accountable to develop and maintain the design for end-to-end employee life cycle processes and produce process documentation (including setting guidelines/tolerances for handling issues and taking local variations into account in the design). Consults with the People Services Leads in the Capability Centers to ensure design and documentation will allow flawless execution
- Responsible, with other Service Line Leads and Capability Center leads, for efficient and effective end to end processes
- Accountable for communicating change in process as appropriate
- Design robust controls and ensure these are embedded in each process and operating as designed
- Ensure compliance with all plan documents and statutory requirements related to Reward Plans and Programs
- Functions as liaison between TR Center of Expertise and People Services Capability Centers to translate strategy into day to day processes and procedures to be carried out by our teams in the centers. Provides feedback to TR Center of Expertise on trends and data collected via contacts to the Capability Centers (and through third party vendors) to help inform future roll outs
- Responsible for Global Mobility operations including policy implementation, management of international assignments, and resolving queries related to international mobility
- Responsible for administration of global equity program including grant and vesting as well as coordinating with finance, tax, legal, and applicable vendors as required
- Shared responsibility for enabling high percent of first contact resolution in our Capability Centers by providing all needed knowledge capital and partnering to remove roadblocks for smooth operations.
- Partners closely with HRIT to leverage BMS technology platforms, identify and recommend changes to scope and requirements for capital expenditures to implement the Total Rewards programs
- Monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of the compensation inclusive of equity, benefits, recognition, absence and mobility processes and deployment and uses data to recommend modifications to continuously improve these processes, reduce costs and improve efficiency & client satisfaction
- Point of contact with the TR COE for establishing and agreeing the book of work and for discussion and agreement of any new initiatives
- Provides insights to Total Rewards CoE from monitoring around benefit and tool utilizations
- Partners with People Services Operations Service Line Lead and/or HR Analytics team to provide data and analysis for all reporting required for Total Rewards
- Defines and manages SLAs related to the relevant process areas and maintains open communication with business stakeholders, especially with Total Rewards Center of Expertise
- Oversees and provides support to Tier 2 cases
- Identifies global/regional issues and trends with an eye for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Owns relationship with third parties who partner with us to deliver rewards services, and provides evaluations to ensure quality and consistency of vendor services.
- Maintains a keen sense of external trends in total rewards operations; makes recommendations for fit for purpose improvements to ensure BMS maintains an appropriately competitive suite of tools
- Manages a global team of professionals across Capability Centers. Ensures that team members are engaged with clear direction and accountability, as well as appropriate development opportunities
- Ensures compliance with the organization quality standards and training requirements
- Responsible for the ongoing learning / development of functional expertise of the extended team delivering total reward services
- Responsible for delivery of annual financial budget and shared accountability for delivery of overall People Services budget
- Member of the People Services Leadership team as well as active participant in Total Rewards Center of Expertise Leadership Team
- 10 + years prior experience leading teams responsible for compensation including equity, benefits, recognition, absence and mobility with responsibility for the development and execution of total rewards operations in complex global organizations
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of a highly matrixed organization and the ability to work across cross-functional, cross-organizational teams
- Working knowledge and understanding of SOX controls as they relate to TR Operations and integrations with Company financials statements
- Clear ability to effectively partner and collaborate with center of excellence and shared service center peers to deliver the best rewards solutions for the company
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with all levels of an organization including senior executives
- Experience developing and deploying end to end processes in a global environment
- Demonstrated state-of-the-art functional knowledge of current and emerging rewards interventions and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage deadlines for a number of varied projects and priorities
- Experience with the development and deployment of enterprise-wide systems and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and influence others to accomplish goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence virtually
- Experienced people manager with the ability to manage a team of professionals, maintaining engagement, development and delivery of all accountabilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage outsource providers and contractors
- Bachelor’s Degree + 10 + years relevant experience
- Consulting skills/ impact and influence abilities/ strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, planning, organizational, and project management skills
- Experience with Long Term Equity Incentives for a US Publicly Traded Company required
- Experience with Workday a plus
- Attention to detail a must