People Services Operations Lead
About the Job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a diversified specialty biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
The Bristol-Myers Squibb North America Capability Center is a state-of-the-art facility in Tampa, Florida, providing strategic capabilities for delivering end-to-end process excellence and innovation. The center provides high knowledge-based capabilities and services across multiple disciplines and is part of our ongoing efforts in continuous process improvement. At the North America Capability Center we continue to explore ways to simplify processes and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations.
This position is responsible for the activities that enable People Services to effectively govern, manage and communicate its performance including\: service management governance, metrics and tools; engagement strategy and facilitation; content and knowledge management across all platforms; case management process and tools; coordination of audits and SOX compliance processes; vendor / provider management framework and governance; provider payment process; and oversite of annual People Services budget.
- Lead People Services (PS) Service Management activities, including\:
- Establish and implement strong governance processes.
- Establish and report metrics for the full scope of services.
- Review the operational performance of the team regularly against defined objectives and plan corrective action accordingly.
- Identify, resolve and develop solutions for complex, escalated and systemic operational problems.
- Owns the case management tool and process.
- Partner with IT to ensure continuous improvement of functionality and user experience for Line Managers, Employees and HR.
- Establish and partner with wider People Services team to implement our engagement strategy, the objective of which is to improve communication within PS and with HR.
- Transparently discuss performance and issues.
- Provide recommendations to improve end to end service delivery, including impacts on HR, Line Mangers and / or Employees.
- Discuss proposed new initiatives or changes to the HR and People Services book of work.
- Monitor progress of initiatives.
- Provide support for regular operational performance updates to HR and other executives as appropriate.
- Establish and implement a vendor management framework, including governance, standards of delivery and service metrics, and regular service reviews / evaluations to ensure quality and consistency of delivery.
- Oversee coordination of People Services audits, SoX compliance and other company policies.
- Partner with Capability Center and Service Line leads to proactively review / audit operations to ensure right controls are in place and operating effectively, and compliance with SoX.
- Ensure People Services Business Continuity Plan is robust and reviewed regularly in line with BMS practices.
- Partner with HR Communication to manage and oversee HR portal design.
- Establish and implement effective processes to manage content across all tools, eg HR Portal, case management and knowledgebase, and provide usage statistics and recommendations for improvement.
- Partner with Service Line and Capability Center Leads to ensure all knowledge is kept current and consistent across all tools.
- Responsible for delivery of annual financial budget and shared accountability for delivery of overall People Services budget.
- Manages People Services budgeting, tracking, and forecasting.
- Provide leadership on managing portfolio of People Services projects including portfolio identification, chartering and sequencing of projects.
- Prioritize and work with People Services leadership to help generate support for critical projects.
- Oversee planning, organization and implementation of complex and critical HR programs, agreed and funded as part of the book or work.
- Participate in and/or provide dedicated or semi dedicated project management support for HR (CoE) led projects to ensure timely completion of assigned responsibilities within established constraints.
- Stays up-to-date on trends and developments within assigned functional area.
- Proactively identifies and leads design/implementation of operational improvements and tactics.
- Recommend adjustments to service or process to reduce costs and improve delivery.
- Manages a global team of professionals across Capability Centers. Ensures that team members are engaged with clear direction and accountability, as well as appropriate development opportunities.
- Member of People Services Leadership team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of a highly matrixed organization and the ability to work across cross-functional, cross-organizational teams.
- Working knowledge and understanding of SOX controls and integration with company financial statements.
- Clear ability to effectively partner and collaborate with HR Centers of Expertise and Capability Center peers to deliver the best solutions for the company.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with all levels of an organization including senior executives.
- Experience developing and deploying end to end processes in a global environment.
- Demonstrated state-of-the-art functional knowledge of current and emerging core HR, Payroll and timekeeping interventions and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage deadlines for a number of varied projects and priorities.
- Experience with the development and deployment of enterprise-wide systems and initiatives.
- Self motivated with demonstrated ability to manage business client and vendor relations/expectations with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and influence others to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence virtually.
- Experienced people manager with the ability to manage a team of professionals, maintaining engagement, development and delivery of all accountabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage third party service providers and contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 + years relevant experience.
- Consulting skills/ impact and influence abilities/ strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Experience working in a shared service environment, and within HR shared services a plus.
- Experience with Workday and Service Now preferred.
- Attention to detail and strong excel skills a must.