Technical Support Associate
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours40
Scheduled Shift1st Shift
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Technical Support Associate position in Baton Rouge, LA. The shift for this position will be 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, working Monday – Friday. The starting pay for this position will be around $18.00 per hour and will vary based on experience. Candidates who successfully complete their first 90 days of employment will also be given an additional $1.00 increase to their hourly rate.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 30 or more hours per week may qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Benefits Health & Welfare Package including – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matching Health Savings Account
- Exclusive discounts on entertainment, health & wellness, travel and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
With a strong attention to detail, this role will facilitate a variety of Technical Support tasks to ensure high levels of customer service in a fast paced environment.
A Technical Support Associate’s daily tasks will involve:
- Perform any and all duties as assigned by management to include; mail services, reprographics services, fax services, and messenger services.
- Establish operating procedures and quality standards.
- Test and evaluate new equipment and materials.
- Responsible for all aspects of equipment.
- Remain informed and adhere to all established safety and security procedures.
- Perform necessary adjustments as outlined in the operators’ manual for set equipment.
- Follow start-up, shutdown and clean-up procedures for equipment.
- Occasional performance of limited operations on more complex, automated equipment.
- Monitor operations and make mechanical adjustments as needed, to ensure proper quality output.
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
- Lifting up to 40 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time (possibly entire shift)
- Significant walking
- High school diploma or equivalent GED preferred, but not required.
- Special license, certificate, specific education or training required.
- Directly related equipment operation experience required.
- Minimum of 3 months customer service related experience preferred.
- Experience as a Site Representative and/or a minimum of 6 months demonstrated knowledge and experience in a related functional area.
Skills & Attributes:
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with clients and company personnel.
- Customer service oriented.
- Able to effectively work individually or in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operation of related equipment.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS