Research Investigator I
About the Job
Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover,
develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over
shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world,
we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious
disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can
learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative
research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes
the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a
wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide
our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in
their personal lives.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative scientist to independently design and implement immune cell based assays in support of the Immunology and Immuno-Oncology portfolio at BMS. Applicants must have a deep scientific and technical understanding of immunology assay techniques to enable trouble shooting of screening assays in whole blood and purified immune subsets for lead identification and optimization across early and late stage discovery programs.
The applicant will be required to have strong technical expertise in high throughput multi-parameter cellular platforms including flow cytometry and high content imaging to enable phospho, cytokine, CFSE, MLR and immune cell co-culture assay readouts. Experimental work is an integral part of the role and the candidate will be expected to couple wet lab work with rigorous data documentation and data analysis.
Additional responsibilities include the exploration of new technology platforms to enhance the lead discovery infrastructure for program support. The incumbent should also possess strong collaborative and written/verbal communication skills and a positive attitude to interact with multiple stakeholders. He/she should demonstrate personal leadership within the group and, scientific leadership both at the bench and with data analysis.
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Oncology or Tumor Immunology is required with a minimum of 2 years post doc experience.
- A strong publication record in immunology and tumor immunology.
- Comprehensive technical expertise in developing and performing in vitro immunoassays using whole blood, T-cells, B-cells, Dendritic cells, macrophages and tumor-immune cell co-culture systems.
- Proficiency in cell culture, with experience in handling and purifying human/mouse primary cells; cell sorting experience a plus.
- Hands on experience in multicolor flow cytometry, high content analysis and various soluble immunoassays (ELISA, MSD and Luminex).
- Hands on experience troubleshooting high content and flow cytometry assay protocols and data analyses
- Proficiency in designing 384/1536 well assays and adept with robotics and lab automation is strongly desired.
- Demonstrated excellence in both written and oral communication and a strong desire to lead in cross functional teams to establish productive collaborations across large portfolios.
- Capable of presenting compelling scientific results and reports for internal review meetings and scientific journals.