Sr HR Business Partner
About the Job
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The HR Business Partner is focused on ensuring the flawless execution of human resources practices. They partner with executives and senior management to develop and drive plans, with clear, actionable steps, that optimize the organization’s talent, structure, process and culture.
The HR Business Partner collaborates with the business and ensures focus on results and outcomes of the business rather than check the box of traditional HR practices. They understand the company’s strategy and goals and can translate those goals into actionable HR objectives in support of the business strategy.
- Partner with executives and senior management to develop and drive strategic workforce plans that optimize the organization’s talent, structure, process and culture.
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s strategy and goals and create HR objectives that drive success to achieve those goals and drive forward the business strategy.
- Implement effective talent management programs (talent review, calibration, performance management, succession planning) to ensure transparency and collaboration in the talent management process.
- Provide counsel and leadership to management on people strategies, organization design and development, management and leadership practices.
- Facilitate HR programs and draw the link between development and leadership initiatives to the business strategy and measurable results.
- Educate and train leadership and management on strategic HR topics such as; compensation philosophy, employee engagement, talent management, etc.
- Create HR metrics (dashboards) to assist senior leadership in resolving business-related issues.
- Use diagnostic and consultative organization design and development skills to assist in developing and identifying the next generation of leaders.
- Integrate Human Resource initiatives such as Talent Management, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations and Talent Acquisition into the organization.
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence in the design and implementation of initiatives and programs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Psychology, Business, Organizational Effectiveness or related field; advanced degree in HR preferred.
Experience: 5-10 Years of progressively responsible Human Resource experience with exposure to a broad variety of Human Resource disciplines, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- Prefer experience with compensation and benefits practices, organizational development and design, management development, strategic workforce planning and performance management.
- Strong business acumen with ability to quickly build extensive knowledge of business, understanding of market trends and the competitive landscape.
- Strategic agility and critical thinking; knowing how the organization can perform and win, can initiate and operationalize competitive HR strategies and plans linked to the business strategy.
- Proven facilitation skills and experience – from leading a leadership and management training to facilitating a talent review to identify high potential talent and develop action plans.
Strong assertiveness, leadership courage, influence, planning, organization, collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.