Mail Courier - Part Time
About the Job
Position Exempt StatusNon-Exempt
Weekly Scheduled Hours20
Scheduled Shift1st Shift
Novitex Enterprise Solutions is looking to fill a Mail Courier / Customer Service Associate - Part Time position in Armonk, NY. The shift for this position will be 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM, Monday - Friday.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive work ethic who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
Some perks of the job:
Employees working 20 or more hours per week qualify for:
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Exclusive discounts entertainment, health & wellness, travel, and MUCH MORE!
So what will you actually be doing?
Couriers are a crucial piece to the operations of the company’s mailroom. Responsible for processing the mail and parcels continuously throughout the day and delivery and pick-up of mail onsite using a company van.
A Part Time Mail Courier/ Customer Service’s daily tasks will involve:
- Drive small non commercial van to various client locations and post offices to retrieve mail
- Perform various Mail Center activities (sorting, metering, folding, inserting, delivery, pickup, etc.)
- Lift heavy boxes, files or paper when needed
- Maintain the highest levels of customer care while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude
- Demonstrate flexibility in satisfying customer demands in a high volume, production environment
- Consistently adhere to business procedure guidelines
- Adhere to all safety procedures
- Take direction from supervisor or site manager
- Maintain all logs and reporting documentation; attention to detail
- Participate in cross-training and perform other duties as assigned (Filing, outgoing shipments, etc)
- Operating mailing, copy or scanning equipment
- Shipping & Receiving
- Handle time-sensitive material like confidential, urgent packages
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Scanning incoming mail to recipients
- Perform file purges and pulls
- Create files and ship files
- Provide backfill when needed
- Enter information daily into spreadsheets
- Identify charges and match them to billing
- Sort and deliver mail, small packages
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need great people skills, patience and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job.
The following is required:
- Must be minimum of 18 years in age
- High school Diploma or Equivalent (GED) required
- Must have a minimum of one year experience driving similar sized vehicles
- Must have 6 months customer service experience.
- Must have company related driving experience utilizing a commercial vehicle
- Must have valid driver's license and clean Motor Vehicle Report
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time with or without accommodations.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 55lbs or maximum allowed by current state law with or without accommodations.
Must have basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and company personnel.
- Previous experience in a mailroom operation, shipping, and/or receiving preferred
- Experience operating online shipping services such as UPS Online, or FedEx Powership preferred
- Basic computer skills
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
E-VERIFY RIGHT TO WORK POSTERS