Sr Strategic Fin Analyst
About the Job
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The Senior Strategic Finance Analyst is a finance business partner focused on ensuring the execution of sound financial management (expense stewardship) practices. The role partners with executives and senior management to develop and drive plans, with clear, actionable steps, that optimize the organization’s use of resources to drive balanced financial, operational and strategic business outcomes.
The Senior Strategic Finance Analyst collaborates with leaders and ensures focus on results and outcomes of the business. The successful candidate understands and translates the company and Employee Benefit division’s strategy and goals into actionable financial objectives.
- Develops and facilitates financial management (expense stewardship) programs that draw the link between financial, operational and business strategy to drive measureable results.
- Partners with the business to implement key processes and tools that ensure transparency, collaboration and discipline in decision-making and monitors effectiveness through the tracking of key measures.
- Educates and trains leadership and management on strategic Finance topics such as; cost-benefit, return on investment, resource analysis, cost competitiveness, etc.
- Serves as a Finance interface for and integrator of other Finance functions.
- Conceptualizes solutions and develops alternatives to complex problems with a broad perspective applied to decision making.
- Highly sought-after by the business to provide depth and breadth of consultation.
- Experience analyzing and influencing outcomes of operational efficiency initiatives (i.e. benchmarking, Lean, structured problem solving, etc.)
- Effectively advises and influences the business on a wide variety of business issues; leads positive change internally; functions independently with limited supervision; mentors analysts and others
- Develops complex financial models and analysis using advanced analytical techniques and financial systems.
- Articulates complex and/or complicated issues with a high level of skill, including listening and influencing. Demonstrated effectiveness in communications, including the ability to extract and articulate key business issues in a manner that is meaningful to the audience
- Drive the organization towards expense competitiveness; understanding what the competitive environment looks like through benchmarking.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field required; advanced degree preferred.
Experience: 7+ years of experience in a client-focused finance partner or finance consultant role. In addition to the core competencies expected of all employees, the following role-specific competencies are important to success in this role.
- Drive for Results: Being proactive, a driver, and leading stakeholders to define, implement, and deliver on financial strategy. Ability to gather and analyze data, perform the right financial and strategic analysis and drive business cases that tell a story and make recommendations that lead to action.
- Lead from Where You Stand: Ability to build trust and credibility through matrix-environment leadership. Be a voice at the table to challenge assumptions and influence the best business decisions through financial acumen.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated understanding of the business, its operations and drivers as to effectively educate and coach key stakeholders and decision makers to the best financial and business answer. Understanding of market trends and the competitive landscape.
- Business Partnering: Act as a consultant to advise and collaborate through partnership. Possess the ability to ask the right questions to identify issues and solutions. Ability to build strong relationships with all levels of an organization, while gaining and maintaining trust and credibility.
- Strategic Agility and Thinking: Proactively identify trends and patterns and provide analysis and recommendations to stakeholders and decision makers. Knowing how the organization can perform and win, can initiate and operationalize competitive Finance strategies and plans linked to the business strategy. Must be comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty.
Professional certifications: CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.